The Noel Redding Band
|The Noel Redding Band|
|Also known as||The Clonakilty Cowboys|
|Origin||County Cork, Ireland|
|Past members||Noel Redding
The Noel Redding Band (also known as The Clonakilty Cowboys, after the title of their debut album) were an English-Irish folk rock supergroup that formed in Clonakilty, County Cork in 1974. Comprising bassist, rhythm guitarist and vocalist Noel Redding (formerly of The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Fat Mattress and Road), vocalist and keyboardist Dave Clarke, lead guitarist Eric Bell (formerly of Thin Lizzy and Them) and drummer Les Sampson (formerly of Road), the band released two albums – Clonakilty Cowboys (1975) and Blowin' (1976) – before disbanding in 1978.
After his group Fat Mattress split up in 1970, Redding joined the Los Angeles-based group Road, which released a self-titled album before disbanding in 1972. Following this, Redding decided to form an eponymous band, working again with Road drummer Les Sampson. Redding also hired vocalist and keyboardist Dave Clarke and, later, former Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell, who at first expressed doubts about the quality of Redding's written material.
During a hiatus following the release of their second album in 1976, Les Sampson departed and was replaced by Dave Donovan (ex-Roy Wood). This incarnation of the band toured Holland and disbanded in late 1978.
The band, like others formed by Redding, was relatively short-lived, releasing two albums in 1975 and 1976 before splitting up in 1978. Tracks recorded for a third, unreleased album were later released as The Missing Album  on Mouse Records 
Redding once suggested in an interview that The Clonakilty Cowboys was the band which gave him "the most pleasure."
- Noel Redding – bass, rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Dave Clarke – lead vocals, keyboards, piano, organ, clavinet
- Eric Bell – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Les Sampson – drums, percussion
- Dave Donovan – drums, percussion
- Johnson, Zac. "Noel Redding > Biography". allmusic. Retrieved 5 July 2009.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Clonakilty Cowboys > Review". allmusic. Retrieved 5 July 2009.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Blowin' > Review". allmusic. Retrieved 5 July 2009.
- Prato, Greg. "The Missing Album > Review". allmusic. Retrieved 5 July 2009.