From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Nose)
|Look up nose in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The nose is a protuberance in vertebrates which admits and expels air for respiration and contains olfactory receptors for sensing odors.
Nose may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- "The Nose" (Akutagawa short story)|, a 1916 short story by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
- "The Nose" (Gogol short story), a 1836 short story by Nikolai Gogol
- The Nose (opera), a 1930 opera by Dmitri Shostakovich based on the Gogol short story
- The Nose (magazine), an 1989–1995 satirical California-based magazine
- The Nose (film), a 1977 Soviet TV film
- The Nose (El Capitan), the most popular climbing route on El Capitan
- Nose, Osaka, a town in Japan
- Noše, a settlement in Slovenia
- The Noses, Big Nose and Little Nose, two steep bluffs between which the Mohawk River flows in the town of Mohawk, Montgomery County, New York
- List of noses, locations which are called "nose"
- Alberto Nosè (born 1979), Italian pianist
- Seiki Nose (born 1952), Japanese judoka
- Nose Yoritsugu (1562–1626), Japanese samurai
- Nose Railway, a subsidiary of Hankyu Railway, a Japanese private railway
- Nose Station, a train station in Tsubata, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
- Nose cone, the forward part of an aircraft or spacecraft
- "Nose", one of the qualities evaluated in the tasting of alcoholic beverages, e.g. wine tasting
- "Nose", an affectionate synonym for perfumer
- Google Nose, an April Fool's Day joke
- "nose", a Python unit test framework
- Noses Creek, Cobb County, Georgia
- Big Nose George (died 1881), American Old West cattle rustler
- Big Nose Kate (1850–1940), common-law wife of Old West figure Doc Holliday
- Jack McCall (1852 or 1853–1877), aka "Crooked Nose Jack" or "Broken Nose Jack", murderer of Old West legend "Wild Bill" Hickok
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nose.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.