The O. J. Simpson Story
|The O. J. Simpson Story|
|Written by||Stephen Harrigan|
|Directed by||Jerrold Freedman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Lovenheim|
|Production location(s)||West Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||90 minutes|
|Production company(s)||20th Century Fox Television|
National Studios Inc.
The O. J. Simpson Story is a 1995 American drama film directed by Jerrold Freedman and written by Stephen Harrigan. It stars Bobby Hosea, Jessica Tuck, David Roberson, James Handy, Kimberly Russell and Harvey Jason. It premiered on Fox on January 31, 1995.
O.J. Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown is found murdered along with another man, named Ron Goldman, outside Nicole's Brentwood townhouse. Simpson is brought to the police station as a suspect. Over the course of the film, numerous flashbacks dramatizing various events in Simpson's life from his first meeting with Nicole in 1977, to growing up in San Francisco in the 1960s, to O.J. and Nicole's romance and marriage in 1985 which gradually decended into domestic squables over Simpson's selfish and controlling behavior to Nicole's decent into depression and drug use. Following the murders (which are never shown on-camera), Simpson panics and takes flight which ends with the infamous 'Bronco chase' and Simpson's arrest.
- Bobby Hosea as O. J. Simpson
- Jessica Tuck as Nicole Brown Simpson
- David Roberson as A. C. Cowlings
- James Handy as Det. Vannatter
- Kimberly Russell as Marguerite
- Harvey Jason as Howard Weitzman
- Bruce Weitz as Robert Shapiro
- Mariann Aalda as Eunice Simpson
- John Cann as Freeway Chris
- Noel Conlon as Nicole's Father
- Richard Fancy as Ed Ledbetter
- Jonathan R. Hoog as Justin
- Terrence Howard as Young A. C.
- Eugene Lee as Willie Mays
- Jarrett Lennon as Kevin
- Barry Livingston as Dr. Berney
- Henry Marshall as Dan
- Toy Newkirk as Young Marguerite
- Bumper Robinson as Young O. J.
- Toni Sawyer as Nicole's Mother
- Roger Guenveur Smith as Professor Ford
- Jill Stokesberry as Freeway Kathy
- Jonathon Steele as Kato Kaelin
- Paul Witten as Ron Goldman
- Nastassia Yalley as Sydney
- Brian Ann Zoccola as Kevin's Mother
- O'Connor, John J. (1995-01-31). "TELEVISION REVIEW; Now a Film About You-Know-What". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Tim Gray (1995-01-30). "The O.J. Simpson Story". Variety.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "The Oj Simpson Story Movie | Fox's 'O.J. Simpson Story' is docudrama at its worst". Articles.baltimoresun.com. 1995-01-31. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
|This article related to an American television drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|