The Obama Diaries
|July 13, 2010|
The Obama Diaries is a book written by Laura Ingraham and published by Simon & Schuster on July 13, 2010. It reached the number 1 position on the New York Times Best Seller list published August 1, 2010, staying at number 2 for approximately one month after that.
Fiction or non-fiction
Whether or not the book is classified as a work of fiction or non-fiction is disputed. The New York Times and USA Today classified it as non-fiction on their Best Seller list, but make the clear distinction that it is satire, and therefore more spurious than fact.
- "New York Times Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". New York Times. 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- Google Books: The Obama Diaries. Google Books. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- Hoover, Bob (2010-08-16). "Politics on parade in books, even during summer". Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "NYT book editor defends putting 'Obama Diaries' on non-fiction list". Poynter Online. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Schuessler, Jennifer (2010-08-06). "Inside the List". New York Times. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "USA TODAY BEST-SELLERS". Associated Press. 2010-08-19. Retrieved 2 September 2010.[dead link]
|This article about a book on politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|