The Old Gum Tree
The Old Gum Tree (also known as The Proclamation Tree) is a historic site in Glenelg North, Australia. Near this tree on 28 December 1836, the British governor John Hindmarsh delivered the proclamation announcing the establishment of Government of the colony of South Australia. A ceremony is held each year at the site on Proclamation Day, with the current Governor reading out Hindmarsh's original speech.
- City of Holdfast Bay: "Proclamation Day and the Old Gum Tree". Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "THE OLD GUM TREE". Observer. LXIV, (3, 412). South Australia. 23 February 1907. p. 44. Retrieved 28 September 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 August 2007. Retrieved 28 December 2007.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Glenelg - Old Gum Tree". The Manning Index of South Australian History. Retrieved 7 June 2006.
- "Old Gum Tree Reserve". City of Holdfast Bay - days at the bay. Retrieved 1 January 2016.