The Older I Get
|"The Older I Get"|
|Single by Skillet|
|from the album Comatose|
February 27, 2007 (EP/single)
|Label||Lava, Ardent, Atlantic|
John Cooper 
|Skillet singles chronology|
The Older I Get is the third single released by the Christian rock band Skillet from their seventh album Comatose in 2007. The song was also released on an EP called "The Older I Get EP." The song charted at No. 27 on the US Mainstream Rock Tracks and No. 14 on the Billboard US Hot Christian Songs chart.
Skillet's lead singer and primary songwriter John L. Cooper explained the meaning of the song to theskilletsizzle.com; " the song is about my relationship with my Dad and feeling that I was kind of betrayed by him and all these bad feelings going on. But in the end, it came down to 'forgiveness' in the end when I forgave my Dad there was a real healing that came in my life and the song The Older I Get was about that and saying I wish I could go back... do it all over again and I would probably make that step earlier towards forgiving him because my life got so much better when I did." 
|1.||"The Older I Get"||3:38|
|R&R's Christian Rock format||1|
|R&R's Christian CHR format||1|
|Billboard's Hot Christian Songs chart||14|
|Billboards Top Mainstream Rock Tracks||27|
The music video for the song consists of footage shot during the making of the Comatose album. It features John Cooper recording vocals, all of the band members playing their specific instruments, and the band goofing off in the studio. An iMac G3 is featured in this video.
- John L. Cooper – lead vocals, bass
- Korey Cooper – keyboards, rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Lori Peters - drums
- Ben Kasica - lead guitar
- "BMI entry for songwriting credits". Repertoire.bmi.com. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Skillet, "The Older I Get EP" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. February 27, 2007. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Skillet Artist Profile | Biography And Discography". NewReleaseTuesday.com. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Top Christian Rock Songs". R&R magazine. Archived from the original on February 25, 2009. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- ""The Older I Get" meaning". Theskilletsizzle.com. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "Christian CHR chart". R&R. Archived from the original on January 16, 2008. Retrieved January 11, 2012.