The One That You Love (album)
|The One That You Love|
|Studio album by Air Supply|
|Producer||Graham Russell, Michael Masser, Harry Maslin|
|Air Supply chronology|
The One That You Love is the sixth album by Australian soft rock band Air Supply, released in 1981. The album became their most famous and successful in their career. It reached No. 10 in the US Billboard 200 album chart and contained three top 5 hits: "The One That You Love" (#1), "Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)" (#5) and "Sweet Dreams" (#5).
The album was released after their major success with their previous album, Lost in Love, and multiplied the band's popularity through the first period of the 1980s. Production was carried out by Clive Davis. The single, "The One That You Love", became the band's first and only No. 1 hit. "Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)" reached No. 5 in the US charts, being a sheer drama closely related to the style of Barry Manilow, one of the band's influences. The third single of the album was "Sweet Dreams". Beside the singles, "I'll Never Get Enough Of You", got to be the main theme of a Japanese TV novel, and a hit in Asia. This was their first entry into any Asian chart.
All songs written by Graham Russell, except where noted.
- "Don't Turn Me Away" – 3:44
- "Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)" (Michael Masser, Norman Sallitt, Linda Creed) – 3:50
- "Keeping the Love Alive" (Graham Russell, Richard Supa) – 3:33
- "The One That You Love" – 4:18
- "This Heart Belongs to Me" – 4:13
- "Sweet Dreams" – 5:22 (Starts SIDE 2 on The LP)
- "I Want to Give It All" (Graham Russell, Rex Goh) – 3:41
- "I'll Never Get Enough of You" (Jeanne Napoli, Gary Portnoy, Judy Quay) – 3:49
- "Tonight" – 3:46
- "I've Got Your Love" (Graham Russell, Clive Davis) – 3:39
- Air Supply: arrangements
- Alpha: photography
- Ray Barber: logo
- Ralph Cooper: drums
- Clive Davis: executive producer
- Frank Esler-Smith: conductor, keyboards, orchestral arrangements
- Elliott Federman: mastering
- Howard Fritzson: cover art direction
- David Moyse: guitar
- Rex Goh: guitar, rhythm guitar
- Dave Green: bass
- Russell Hitchcock: vocals
- Graham Russell: acoustic guitar, vocals
- Stephanie Kika: project coordinator
- David Alan: Kogut reissue art director
- Ria Lewerke: stylist, cover art direction
- Harry Maslin: producer, engineer, mixing
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. Review of The One That You Love at AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Top Music Charts: Hot 100: Billboard 200 URL accessed December 8, 2008
- Billboard Singles from The One That You Love at AllMusic. Retrieved December 8, 2008.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. Biography of Air Supply at AllMusic. Retrieved December 8, 2008.
- Russell, Graham. Forever Love: 36 Greatest Hits (1980–2001). 2003.
- Air Supply- The One that You Love @Discogs.com Retrieved 2-19-2011.