The Online College
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (January 2015)|
The Online College is part of the Sheffield College. It runs a number of courses that are delivered online ranging from basic English and numeracy skills to Foundation Degrees leading to BA Hons Degrees in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University.
The College has been offering online learning to learners and their employers since 1997. All courses lead to nationally recognised qualifications.
There are many online universities colleges through, you can enroll in your desired degree program, these colleges offer you the best degree program which is required to have a successful career in your future. In the history of education and technology, it is not possible to get complete higher education with your job or other responsibilities which you had in your life, but now with the life change environment and modern world of technology there is a possibility to complete your academic profile by enroll in the online college or universities. In the online college you not only have the opportunity to choose some selected course there are multiple education program available such as business management degree program, associate degree program, bachelor's degree program, doctorate degree program and online engineering degree with these course you are able to increase your academic profile and possible this will help you to get raise in your current work place.
The Online College runs the following courses:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- eCommunications Foundation Degree
- Learning To Teach Online (LeTTOL)
- Chartered Management Institute Management and Leadership Award
- eMentors Toolkit
- Getting to Grips with Moodle
- English Level 1
- GCSE English
- GCSE Psychology
- AS Level English Language and Literature
- A2 Level English Language and Literature
- Chartered Management Institute Management and Leadership Diploma
- Net-Trainers (OCN Level 4)
The Online College and its staff have won the following awards:
- Beacon Award for Learning to Teach Online Course1999
- Becta/Guardian Award for Weblinks 2000
- Learn Direct Award for Innovation in eLearning 2002
- LSDA Beacon Award for eLearning 2002
- NILTA Innovation Award 2002
- National Training Award 2003
- NILTA Award for Blended Learning 2004
- eLearning Networks Award 2006
- Runners up of the Beacon Award for Innovation in eLearning 2006
- eLeaning Age Award for Best Learner Support 2007
The origins of the Online College go back to 1999 when a blind GCSE English student at Sheffield College used software on her laptop computer to listen to an electronic dramatisation of the text version of Macbeth. That year Sheffield College tutor Julie Hooper began to use email to mark and receive work from a student working on an oil rig and unable to attend every lesson. In 2001, the first fully online GCSE English course was launched followed two years later by an online English A-level.