The Other Parade
|The Other Parade|
|Studio album by Viggo Mortensen|
|Released||1999 (original release)
|Label||TDRS Music (original release)
Perceval Press (re-issue)
|Viggo Mortensen chronology|
The Other Parade is the fourth studio album of the actor Viggo Mortensen, released in 1999. The album was out of print a year later but the demand for it led to a small re-print on Mortensen's label Perceval Press in 2003. The cover of the album features Japanese lettering.
A compilation was released in 2004 entitled This That and The Other, which also compiles the albums One Less Thing to Worry About from 1997, One Man's Meat from 1999, Pandemoniumfromamerica from 2003, and Please Tomorrow from 2004.
The album is the second collaboration between Viggo and avant-garde guitarist Buckethead. Further guests were his then wife Exene Cervenka from the band X, the keyboardist and producer Travis Dickerson, and D. J. Bonebrake. The album features the song "Massage School", the closing song from his last album, Recent Forgeries. The album is a collection of mood-altering sound experiments.
|1.||"Death of a Dentist"||2:30|
|3.||"Trouble at the Launchpad"||4:12|
|4.||"Strike at the Wig Factory"||5:05|
|5.||"The Other Parade"||8:15|
|6.||"Room for Nine"||2:47|
|7.||"Dream of the See-Saw Repairman"||3:30|
|8.||"Night in an Animal Hospital"||3:52|
|9.||"... 3, 4 ..."||5:03|
- Buckethead - guitar, bass, robot, weeping, and shuffling
- D. J. Bonebrake - drums, chorus, vibes, ropes, telephone, marimba, and vocals
- Exene Cervenka - guitar, chorus, flags, and dog chorus
- Brigit - vocals
- Sarah P. Smith - trombone, chorus, plastic flute, and vocals
- Hank C. Mortensen - piano, drums, thread, and chorus
- Travis Dickerson - hammond organ, and woodpile
- Zak Marmalefsky: guitar, and chorus
- Viggo Mortensen: motorcycle muffler, drill, chorus, percussion, keyboard, wheelchair, vocals, drums, and xylophone
- Travis Dickerson - Edition, Mixing and Masterization
- Viggo Mortensen - Edition, Mixing, Masterization, and producer
- Buckethead - Edition, Mixing and Masterization
- Tracks 1,2, 4-8 recorded live at Viggo's, Venice, California
- Tracks 3 and 9 recorded live at TDRS Music, Chatsworth, CA.