The Oxford Companion to Philosophy
Cover of the first edition, featuring Pablo Picasso's Portrait of Dora Maar
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover and Paperback)|
|Pages||1009 (1995 edition)|
1056 (2005 edition)
|ISBN||0-19-866132-0 (1995 edition)|
0-19-926479-1 (2005 edition)
The Oxford Companion to Philosophy (1995; second edition 2005) is a reference work in philosophy edited by the philosopher Ted Honderich and published by Oxford University Press. The second edition included some 300 new entries. The new edition has over 2,200 entries and 291 contributors.
- Honderich, Ted (ed.). The Oxford Companion to Philosophy (New York: Oxford University Press, 1995) ISBN 0-19-866132-0
- Honderich, Ted (ed.). The Oxford Companion to Philosophy (Second Edition) (New York: Oxford University Press, 2005) ISBN 978-0-19-926479-7
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Spurrett, David (November 1996). "Book review: The Oxford Companion to Philosophy". South African Journal of Philosophy. 15 (4): 159. 9701313589.
- "The Oxford Companion to Philosophy, 2d ed". Reference & Research Book News. November 1, 2005.
- "The Oxford Companion to Philosophy". Contemporary Review. July 1, 2005.
- The OUP page for the Oxford Companion to Philosophy second edition
|This article about a philosophy-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an encyclopedia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|