The Pagan King
|The Pagan King|
|Directed by||Aigars Grauba|
|Produced by||Andrejs Ēķis|
|Written by||Aigars Grauba|
Max Kinnings 
|Starring||Edvin Endre |
|Music by||Rihards Zaļupe|
|Edited by||Liga Pipare|
|Distributed by||Latvian Theatrical Distribution (in Latvia), Ascot Elite Entertainment Group|
|Country||United Kingdom / Latvia|
The Pagan King (Latvian: Nameja gredzens – 'Ring of Namejs', initially The King's Ring) is a historical fiction action film directed by Aigars Grauba and co-written by Max Kinnings and Grauba. The film stars Edvin Endre, James Bloor, Aistė Diržiūtė and others.
The legend of the Namejs Ring is a story that takes place in the 13th Century in Semigallia, where the young Namejs (Edvin Endre) becomes the new king after the death of his regent Viesturs (Egons Dombrovskis). Someone else though had fought and won the king's ring and the right to govern this rich and important place.
- Edvin Endre as Namejs
- James Bloor as Max von Buxhoeveden
- Aistė Diržiūtė as Lauga
- Ivo Martinsons as Valdis
- Andris Keišs as Ulup
- Artūrs Skrastiņš as Pope
- Dainis Grūbe as Pihto, prince of Saaremaa
- Egons Dombrovskis as Viesturs
- Elīna Vāne as Queen Rama
- Gints Andžāns as Saken
- Lauris Dzelzītis as Lemme
- Jānis Āmanis as Fulke
- Kaspars Kārkliņš as Arko
- Toms Auniņš as Daugulis
- Kaspars Zāle as Birre
- Anete Berķe as Gilla
- Maija Arvena Ozoliņa as Sigi
On March 23, 2014 Grauba and Ēķis presented the idea of a historical fiction movie about freedom fights of Semigallia in 13th century and its leader Namejs. The principal photography of the film began on December 2014 in Cinevilla backlot.
- "Ekskluzīvi: Topošās latviešu filmas «Nameja gredzens» aizkulises" (in Latvian). tvnet.lv. 2 September 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Sākas filmas «Nameja gredzens» uzņemšana ar Edvīnu Endri galvenajā lomā" (in Latvian). Latvijas Sabiedriskais medijs. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "The Pagan King". National Film Centre of Latvia. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Zane Peneze (December 8, 2017). "PRODUCTION: Aigars Grauba in Postproduction with 3m EUR Latvian Historical Drama The Pagan King". Film New Europe.
- "Historical action film The King's Ring to premiere on January 17". The Baltic Course. December 22, 2017.
- "The King's Ring premieres in Latvia". Public Broadcasting of Latvia. January 18, 2018.
- "Sākusies režisora Graubas filmas «Nameja gredzens» filmēšana". Kino.
- LabsKino (7 November 2017). "NAMEJA GREDZENS Treileris (angļu val. ar LAT sub)" – via YouTube.
|This article about a 2010s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|