The Pain (film)
|Directed by||Cemal Şan|
|Produced by||Cemal Şan|
|Written by||Cemal Şan|
|Starring||Nesrin Javadzadeh |
|Music by||Nail Yurtsever |
|Edited by||Şenol Şentürk|
The Pain (Turkish: Acı) is a 2009 Turkish drama film written, produced and directed by Cemal Şan, which looks at generation gaps through the story of an old man and his granddaughter. The film, which went on nationwide general release across Turkey on October 9, 2009 , has been screened at numerous international film festivals. It is dedicated to Engin Çeber who died while he was in custody.
Nesrin is a young girl fighting for freedom, while the grandfather Hıdır defends the family values. Through the story of Hıdır and Nesrin, the film brings forward the issues of identity, toleration, leniency, cultural differences and ethics. “Pain” is a universal story on the necessity of saying “no!” for a humanely life.
The film opened in 25 screens across Turkey on October 9, 2009at number twenty-eight in the Turkish box office chart with an opening weekend gross of $3,067.
The film reached number twenty-seven in the Turkish box office chart and has made a total gross of $27,488.
- 2009 Dadaş Film Festival
- Best Film (Won)
- Best Director: Cemal Şan (Won)
- Best Actress (Won)
- 3rd STEPS International Rights Film Festival
- Best Screenplay: Cemal Şan (Won)
- Best Music: Nail Yurtsever, Cem Tuncer & Engin Arslan (Won)
- 28th International Fajr Film Festival
- Firuze Award (Won)
- "Aci". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Acı / The Pain". BISRFF. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "10 titles vying for prizes at Bursa's Silk Road festival". Today's Zaman. Archived from the original on 2009-10-31. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Turkish movie "Acı" receives two awards in Ukraine". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "'Wrong Rosary' and 'Pain' win awards at Iranian festival". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Acı / The Pain". AIFF. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-02-24.