|Directed by||Jean-François Laguionie|
|Music by||Pascal Le Pennec|
|Edited by||Emmanuel de Miranda|
|Distributed by||Gebeka Films|
For mysterious reasons, a Painter has left a work incomplete - causing conflict between the Toupins (Allduns), who are entirely painted, the Pafinis (Halfies), who lack a few colors, and the Reufs (Sketchies), who are only sketches. Toupins occupy the chateau, Pafinis are out in the gardens, and Reufs are treated as outcasts and hunted by the Toupins. Three friends, one of each class, go on a quest to find the artist so he can finish the piece and hopefully unite the people.
- Jessica Monceau as Lola
- Adrien Larmande as Ramo
- Thierry Jahn as Plume
- Julien Bouanich as Gom
- Céline Ronte as Garance
- Thomas Sagols as Magenta
- Magali Rosenzweig as Orange de Mars
- Chloé Berthier as Claire
The film was co-produced by France's Blue Spirit and Belgium's Be-Films. It took two years to finance and had a budget of four million euro. Jean-François Laguionie designed every character himself. The designs include homages to painters such as Marc Chagall, Amedeo Modigliani, Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse. Pre-production took 15 months and production one year. The film was animated in digital 3D.
The film was released in France by Gebeka Films on 23 November 2011. It competed at the 2012 Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Distribution rights for the United States have been acquired by GKIDS.
- In June 2013, the film was given the Award for Best Feature Film at the 8th Festival of European Animated Feature Films and TV Specials
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 120. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Le Tableau". tiff. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2012). "More Than Just a Pretty Picture". Animation (220). Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "Le Tableau". AlloCiné (in French). Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Leffler, Rebecca (4 June 2011). "Annecy International Animated Film Festival Kicks off 36th Edition". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- 11. Kecskeméti Animációs Filmfesztivál 8. Európai Animációs Játékfilm Fesztivál. Kecskeméti Animáció Film Fesztivál. 2013.