The Pajama Girl Case
|The Pajama Girl Case|
Italian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Flavio Mogherini|
|Produced by||Giorgio Salvioni|
|Written by||Flavio Mogherini
Rafael Sánchez Campoy
Dalila Di Lazzaro
|Music by||Riz Ortolani|
|Edited by||Adriano Tagliavia|
|31 December 1977|
The film is based on a real story, one of Australia's most known unsolved murder mysteries, the "Pyjama Girl" case. It was filmed in Australia and produced by studio Zodiac Produzioni, in co-operation with Producciones Internacionales Cinematográficas Asociadas (PICASA).
The soundtrack album La ragazza dal pigiama giallo was released in Italy in 1978, and consisted of the instrumental score by composer Riz Ortolani as well as two songs with vocals by Amanda Lear: the theme tune "Your Yellow Pyjama" and "Look at Her Dancing".
The film consists of two parallel narratives. One tells about an investigation of a murder of a girl, whose severely burned body has been found on a beach in Sydney. The police have a suspect in the murder, but the retired inspector Thompson is convinced they are wrong and continues his own investigation. The second is a story of a young Dutch girl Glenda and her partner, an Italian Antonio. Although they are in relationship, Glenda keeps seeing other men.
- Ray Milland as Inspector Thompson
- Dalila Di Lazzaro as Glenda Blythe
- Michele Placido as Antonio Attolini
- Mel Ferrer as Professor Henry Douglas
- Howard Ross as Roy Conner
- Ramiro Oliveros as Inspector Ramsey
- Rod Mullinar as Inspector Morris
- Giacomo Assandri as Quint
- Eugene Walter as Dorsey
- Fernando Fernán Gómez
- Shaun Anderson (6 January 2011). "The Pyjama Girl Case (1977)". The Celluloid Highway. sonofcelluloid.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Donald Guarisco. "La Ragazza Dal Pigiama Giallo - Review". All Media Network. www.allmovie.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "LA RAGAZZA DAL PIGIAMA GIALLO 1978 Italy". amandalear.tripod.com (in Italian). web.archive.org. Archived from the original on August 20, 2004. Retrieved 2014-04-08.