The Paradies Shops
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
|Founded||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. (1960 )|
Number of locations
|500+ stores (2008)|
|United States and Canada|
|Dick Dickson, Chairman
James Paradies, Vice Chairman
Gregg Paradies, President & Chief Executive Officer
|Revenue||US$428 million (2008)|
Number of employees
The Paradies Shops, Inc. operates stores in airports, hotels, and other locations throughout the United States and Canada. Locations include specialty stores and bookstores. The company was founded in 1960 in Atlanta, Georgia.
The first store was a toy shop at the Atlanta Airport. Since 1960, The Paradies Shops has expanded to over 500 stores in 65 airports. The company runs stores under brands ranging from The New York Times to different American collegiate athletic conferences. The company was acquired by Lagardère Group, a French company, in October 2015. It is now known as Paradies Lagardère.
- "The Paradies Shops, Inc.". BusinessWeek. Retrieved December 25, 2009.
- Zumbrun, Joshua (June 18, 2008). "How airports profit while you wait". Forbes. MSNBC.com. Retrieved December 25, 2009.
- "Media firms use airports for branding, revenue". (MSNBC.com). September 15, 2008. Retrieved December 25, 2009.
- "Completion of the acquisition of Paradies," Press Release, ParadiesLagardere.com, 22 October 2015
- TheParadiesShops.com (Company website)
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|