The Passion of Marie
|The Passion of Marie|
Danish theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bille August|
|Screenplay by||Peter Asmussen|
|Based on||Balladen om Marie|
by Anastassia Arnold
|Music by||Stefan Nilsson|
|Edited by||Gerd Tjur|
|Distributed by||SF Film Distribution|
The Passion of Marie (Danish: Marie Krøyer; Swedish: Balladen om Marie Krøyer) is a 2012 biographical drama film directed by Bille August, starring Birgitte Hjort Sørensen and Søren Sætter-Lassen. The film's Danish working title, Balladen om Marie, means The Ballad of Marie. It tells the story of the stormy relationship between Marie and Peder Severin Krøyer, two of the Skagen Painters, in the late 19th century.
- Birgitte Hjort Sørensen as Marie Krøyer
- Søren Sætter-Lassen as P.S. Krøyer
- Tommy Kenter as Lachmann
- Lene Maria Christensen as Anna Norrie
- Sverrir Gudnason as Hugo Alfvén
- Nanna Buhl Andresen as Henny Brodersen
Based on the 1999 biography by Anastassia Arnold, The Passion of Marie was Bille August's first Danish film production since Pelle the Conqueror from 1987. It was produced through SF Film Production—the Danish subsidiary of AB Svensk Filmindustri—with support from the Danish Film Institute. It received 1.75 million Norwegian kronor from Nordisk Film & TV Fond. Principal photography began in August 2011, on location in Skagen and Marstrand.
- Hip hip hurra! (film), another film about the Skagen Painters
- Jensen, Jørn Rossing (10 June 2011). "Bille August to shoot The Passion of Marie". Cineuropa. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Nordisk Film & TV Fond Grants NOK3m To Kon-tiki Project". Nordisk Film & TV Fond. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "August snapshot". Danish Film Institute. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Marie Krøyer". Danish Film Database. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "The Passion of Marie (2012)". Swedish Film Database. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
|This article related to Danish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Swedish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|