|Location||Uxbridge, Middlesex, England|
|Management||LaSalle Investment Management|
|No. of floors||1|
The Pavilions is an indoor shopping mall located in Uxbridge in the London Borough of Hillingdon, northwest London, England. It is owned and operated by LaSalle Investment Management. It was opened in 1973 and refurbished in 1985 and has previously been known as the Pavilions Shopping Centre and before that, The Cedars Shopping Centre. Between 2005 and 2013, the centre was known as The Mall Pavilions while under the ownership of The Mall Fund.
The centre was built around the town's market square, the location of the historic Uxbridge Market chartered in 1180, and a number of market stalls remain in operation within the centre. A lack of shelter meant it became unpopular and did not attract the levels of custom hoped for. Many buildings along the High Street and Windsor Street had been demolished to make way for the new precinct. It was eventually sold to the Prudential Assurance Company and was redeveloped with a roof to become the Pavilions Shopping Centre. The new roof was built during the early 1980s and as part of the redevelopment, The Peacock public house in one of the two main squares was demolished and replaced with a cafe named The Chequers which remains.
The Mall Fund sold the centre to LaSalle Investment Management for £64.5 million in July 2013.
- "Uxbridge". Hillingdon London Borough Council. 26 June 2007. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- Sherwood, Philip (2007). Around Uxbridge Past & Present. Stroud: Sutton Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7509-4794-7.
- Cotton, Carolynne (1994). Uxbridge Past. London: Historical Publications. ISBN 0-948667-30-3.
- "Mall to buy £550m PruPIM shopping centres". Property Week. 30 September 2005. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "The Mall sells Uxbridge shopping centre". Insider News South East. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.