||This article needs to be updated. (June 2013)|
Cover to trade paperback edition of Perhapanauts: First Blood.
|Publisher||Dark Horse (2005)
|First appearance||First Blood #1 (November, 2005)|
|Created by||Todd Dezago
The first two mini-series, "First Blood" and "Second Chances," were published by Dark Horse Comics, although it was announced on October 31, 2007, that forthcoming Perhapanauts comics would be published by Image Comics.
The Image Comics series began with an annual in February 2008, "Jersey Devil", followed by what may either be numerous upcoming mini-series or an ongoing series. The first series is "Triangle" taking the team into the Bermuda Triangle, which starts publication in April 2008.
The story follows a team of supernatural investigators (in that they both investigate the supernatural, and are supernatural beings who investigate) working for Bedlam, a top-secret government agency. The main focus of the stories are on Blue Group, one team of Bedlam operatives.
The members of Blue Group are Arisa Hines, the group's leader who has psychic powers; Big, a Sasquatch whose intelligence has been artificially raised; Choopie, a Chupacabra with a somewhat erratic personality; MG, a mysterious being who appears human but has the power to travel to other dimensions; and Molly MacAllistar, a ghost. Other characters in the series include Joann DeFile, a psychic who works as an adviser for Bedlam; Peter Hammerskold, a former Marine with psychic powers who is the leader of Bedlam's Red Group and sees Blue Group as rivals; the Merrow, a water elemental fairy who works on Red Group; and Karl, a Mothman who is a Bedlam reservist and would like to be a full-time member of Blue Group.
The series have been collected into trade paperbacks:
- First Blood (128 pages, Dark Horse, September 2006, ISBN 1-59307-607-X)
- Second Chances (128 pages, Dark Horse, June 2007, ISBN 1-59307-797-1)
- Proof, an ongoing series about a Bigfoot who hunts other cryptids for a clandestine government group
- Creature Commandos, a DC Comics team made up of monsters
- Nick Fury's Howling Commandos, a Marvel Comics team made up of monsters
- Perhapanauts: First Blood at the Comic Book DB
- WW: Chicago: The Perhapanauts Return @ Dark Horse, Newsarama, August 4, 2006 Archived November 19, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Perhapanauts Move to Image[dead link], Newsarama, October 31, 2007
- The Perhapanauts (2008) at the Comic Book DB
- The Perhapanauts #1, Comic Book Resources, April 16, 2008
- Perhapanauts: Second Chances at the Comic Book DB
|This Dark Horse Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Image Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|