|Trinity College, Dublin|
|A Political, Literary and General News-Paper|
|Type||satirical student newspaper|
Dublin 2, Ireland
The Piranha is the official satirical newspaper of Trinity College, Dublin. Formerly known as Piranha! magazine, it was rebranded in 2009. It is a member of Trinity Publications and is written entirely by students of the university. The first edition claimed that it was established in 1863, but official college records state that the publication was founded in 1978.
Since 2010, The Piranha has been printed in Berliner format. It was previously a magazine. The newspaper is produced solely by students of the University under the direction of a student editor. The publication typically releases five issues each year including an "Election Special" where they parody candidates in Student Union Elections. Free copies of each edition are distributed around campus. Similar to other student publications in Trinity College, The Piranha is funded by a grant from the Trinity Publications Committee and supplements this with advertising revenue.
List of Editors
|1978-79||Antony Sellers (Founding Editor)|
|1979-80||Rory Montgomery, Sch.|
|1982-83||Fiachra O Marcaigh|
|1984-85||Johana Dunlop & Quentin Letts|
|1987-88||Lorcan de Brun|
|2000-01||Robbie Gunning, Conor Feeney & Johnny Ilan|
|2009-10||Jonathan Wyse, Sch.|
|2013-14||Dónal McKeating & Cormac Shine, Sch.|
|2014-15||Hugh Guidera, Sch.|
- "Societies and Other Institutions" (PDF). University of Dublin Calendar - Part 1 (PDF). Dublin: Trinity College, Dublin. 2006. p. U12. Retrieved 2010-04-03.
- http://issuu.com/thepiranha/docs/the_piranha_-_issue_1 The Piranha, Vol. CLXVI, Issue 1
- http://www.trinitypublications.info/Our%20Publications.html Trinity Publications
- "Antony Sellers". IFTN.ie. 2010. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- http://www.oxygen.ie/page/3197 Oxygen.ie - Smedias 2010 Nominations