The Pizza Company
- This article describes the Thailand-based company of this name. There are identically named pizza delivery services in other countries not related to this company.
(launched own brand in 17 March 2001)
Number of locations
(pizza • pasta • chicken • french fries • rice dishes • salads • desserts)
|Revenue||฿ 5.11 billion (2011)|
|Parent||Minor Food Group (1981–2006)
Minor International (2006–present)
The Pizza Company (Thai: เดอะ พิซซ่า คอมปะนี) is a restaurant chain and international franchise based in Bangkok, Thailand. With focus on pizza and Italian-American cuisine, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Minor International (was merged with The Minor Food Group).
Established in 1980, the company had operated Tricon Global Restaurants’ franchised Pizza Hut brand since its introduction in Thailand, and when their agreement was terminated, The Pizza Company was established as the company's own brand in 2001.
In 2004, The Pizza Company began to expand and franchise internationally and today the restaurant has franchises in Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Laos, China and Bahrain., Cambodia. There is also at least one location in Vietnam, on Cau Giay street in Hanoi.
|Vietnam||2011||Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Malaysia||2005||Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Sarawak, Malacca and Pahang|
|Cambodia||2006||Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Battambang, and Sihanoukville|
|Saudi Arabia||2007||Ad-Dammam, Al-Khobar, Jeddah, Riyadh|
|United Arab Emirates||2007||Abu Dhabi-Dubai|
- Annual Report 2011, p. 158.
- Annual Report 2011, p. 2.
- Horn, Robert (25 September 2000). "Thailand's Big Cheese". TIME. Retrieved 30 December 2008.
- Minor International. "Our Brands : The Pizza Company". Retrieved 8 November 2007.
- Minor Food Group. "About Us : The Pizza Company". Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Management Discussion and Analysis 2011 (PDF). Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (21 February 2012). Balance Sheets 2011 (PDF). Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- Minor International (12 March 2012). 2011 Annual Report (PDF). Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Minor International (2 April 2012). Form 56-1 2011 (PDF). Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- Official site – The Pizza Company Delivery Ordering, Consumer and Franchising Opportunities website.
- Minor International – Minor International company website.
|This Thailand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|