The Poet is the thirteenth studio album by American musician Bobby Womack. The album was released in November 1981, by Beverly Glen Music. The album reached the top of the Billboard Top Black Albums chart due to the success of the single "If You Think You're Lonely Now", which peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot Black Singles chart.
|1.||"So Many Sides of You"||Bobby Womack, Jim Ford||3:44|
|2.||"Lay Your Lovin' on Me"||Bobby Womack, Patrick Moten, Sandra Sully||4:03|
|3.||"Secrets"||Bobby Womack, Jim Ford||3:54|
|4.||"Just My Imagination"||Bobby Womack||5:05|
|5.||"Stand Up"||Cecil Womack||3:30|
|6.||"Games"||Bobby Womack, Roger Dollarhide||6:51|
|7.||"If You Think You're Lonely Now"||Bobby Womack, Patrick Moten, Richard Griffin||5:30|
|8.||"Where Do We Go from Here"||Bobby Womack, Jim Ford||6:40|
- Bobby Womack - Guitar, Lead Vocals
- Nathan East, David Shields - Bass
- Dorothy Ashby - Harp, Percussion
- David T. Walker - Guitar
- Eddie "Bongo" Brown, Paulinho da Costa - Percussion
- James Gadson - Drums
- Patrick Moten, Dale Ramsey - Keyboards
- Regina Womack, Sally Womack, Vincent Womack, Tondalei - Handclapping
- Cecil Womack, Curtis Womack, Friendly Womack, The Waters, Richard Griffin, Fernando Harkless, Johnny Parham, Jon Rami - Backing Vocals
- Otis Smith - executive producer
- Avi Kipper, Barney Perkins, Robert Battaglia - engineer
- Ginny Livingston - art direction
- Norman Seeff - photography
||"If You Think You're Lonely Now"
|"Where Do We Go From Here"