The Pond is an informal term primarily for the Atlantic Ocean.
The term, probably originating in the British North American colonies, is found from the mid-17th century in the form big pond, great pond or herring-pond but during the Vietnam War was used by US servicemen to refer to the Pacific Ocean as well. 
It may also refer to:
- The Pond (intelligence organization), a secret, unacknowledged espionage organization that operated on behalf of the U.S. government from 1942 to 1955
- nickname of the Honda Center, a large arena in Anaheim, California
- America's Army and the Language of Grunts: Understanding the Army Lingo Legacy. E. Kelly Taylor. AuthorHouse, 12 Nov 2009
- A Dictionary of Slang and Colloquial English: Abridged from the Seven-volume Work, Entitled "Slang and Its Analogues". John S. Farmer, William Ernest Henley. Taylor & Francis, 1927
- The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. Eric Partridge, Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor Routledge, 1 Nov 2007
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Pond.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.