The Power of the Dark Crystal
|The Power of the Dark Crystal|
|No. of issues||12|
|Written by||Annette Duffy (screenplay)|
David Odell (screenplay)
|Artist(s)||Kelly and Nichole Matthews|
This section needs an improved plot summary. (January 2019)
It is set years after the events of the 1982 film where the Dark Crystal was healed and peace was restored on Thra. The world is faced with needing to reignite a dying sun at the center of the planet. The story of Power of the Dark Crystal follows the adventures of a young Fireling named Thurma, together with Kensho, a Gelfling outcast, that steal a shard of the Crystal of Truth in an attempt to reignite the dying sun.
- McMillan, Graeme (November 21, 2016). "'Dark Crystal' Sequel Finally Coming to Life Thanks to Comic Book Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Brown, Tracy. "'The Power of the Dark Crystal' comic takes us beyond Jim Henson's muppet fantasy". Latimes.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Romano, Nick (21 November 2016). "'The Dark Crystal' Sequel Revived as a Comic Series, 'The Power of the Dark Crystal'". Collider.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Spry, Jeff (16 February 2017). "Exclusive preview and interview for Jim Henson's The Power of the Dark Crystal #1". SYFY WIRE. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Official press release
- "Best Shots Advance Reviews: ALL TIME COMICS: BULLWHIP #1, QUANTUM TEENS ARE GO #1, More". Newsarama. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "The Power of the Dark Crystal #1". CBR. 19 February 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Jim Henson's Power Of The Dark Crystal #1 And #2 And Redneck #3 Go To Second Prints". Bleedingcool.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "The Power Of The Dark Crystal". comicbookroundup.com. Retrieved 2 June 2019.