The Princes of Malibu
|The Princes of Malibu|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6 (4 unaired)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GRB Entertainment|
|Original release||July 10, 2005 – July 17, 2005|
The series followed Brandon and Brody Jenner, the adult sons of Olympic champion Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce)[a] and former Miss Tennessee USA Linda Thompson, and their friend, Spencer Pratt, as they got themselves into various hijinks. On permanent vacation, the brothers lived with Linda and her husband, David Foster, in Foster's 22-acre (89,000 m2) Malibu estate. Linda thought that the boys could do no wrong and spoiled them, while Foster wanted the "freeloaders" to get jobs and straighten out their lives.
The future of the series was thrown into doubt on July 11, 2005 when Thompson filed for divorce from Foster the day after the show premiered. Fox cancelled the series after airing only two episodes. The remaining episodes were aired on Fox Reality.
Brody Jenner and Pratt became regulars on MTV's The Hills. In 2009, Jenner starred in his own reality show, Bromance. Brody and Brandon occasionally appear on their parent, Caitlyn Jenner's, reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Since Thompson and Foster divorced, they have written songs together.
- Leibovitz, Annie (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Piccalo, Gina (August 22, 2005). "Television & Radio; 'Princes': royal flush; The Malibu-based reality series slipped on the grain of truth from which it sprang. Fox's failed show had little chance from the outset. Reality, it seems, got in the way.". Los Angeles Times. p. E.1. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (22 July 2005). "Divorce for Mom on Princes of Malibu". People. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Amazon.com: The Princes of Malibu: The Complete Series: DVD
- "Dream With Me", Allmusic, 2011