The Professional Geographer
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Barney Warf|
The Professional Geographer is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal publishing short articles on all aspects of geography. The journal is published by Taylor and Francis on behalf of the American Association of Geographers. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 1.407, ranking it 29th out of 77 journals in the category "Geography".
Every year, the journal publishes a special section with papers that were finalists for the J. Warren Nystrom Award, given to the best paper based upon a recent dissertation in geography. 
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic ASAP
- Bibliography and Index of Geology
- Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Science
- EBSCO databases
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- InfoTrac OneFile
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts
- Social Sciences Citation Index
|This article about a journal on geography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.