The Prospect Before Us
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Prospect Before Us|
|Studio album by The Albion Band|
|Recorded||Sound Techniques and Olympic|
|Genre||Folk British folk rock|
|Producer||Ashley Hutchings, Simon Nicol|
|The Albion Band chronology|
The Prospect Before Us is a folk/rock album by the Albion Dance Band which was recorded in 1976.
The album was produced by Ashley Hutchings and Simon Nicol and was engineered by Vic Gamm. It was recorded at Sound Techniques Studio and Olympic (including live dances at Olympic), London. There are several instrumental tracks. The album cover was designed by Dave Dragon, based on an idea by Pete Scowther.
- "Uncle Berhard's"/"Jenny Lind" (instrumental)
- "The Hunt Is Up"
- "Varsoviana" (instrumental)
- "Masque" (instrumental)
- "Huntsman's Chorus"
- "Minuet" (instrumental)
- "Wassail Song"
- "Picking of Sticks"/ "The Old Mole" (instrumental)
- "Merry Sherwood Rangers" (live version)
- "La Sextie Estampe Real" (instrumental)
- "I Wish I was Single Again"
- "The Whim" (instrumental)
- "Hopping Down in Kent"
- "Horse's Brawl" (instrumental)
- "On Christmas Night All Christians Sing" (The Sussex Carol)
- "Merry Sherwood Rangers" (studio version)
- Simon Nicol - electric and acoustic guitars, piano.
- Michael Gregory - drums, nakers, percussion.
- Philip Pickett - curtals, shawms, recorders, crumhorns, bagpipes, rackets, chalumeux, synthesizer.
- John Sothcott, - vielle, citole, crumhorn.
- Graeme Taylor - electric guitar, piano.
- Ashley Hutchings - leader, electric bass guitar, vocals
- Shirley Collins - vocals.
- Eddie Upton - caller, vocals.
- John Tams - vocals, melodeon.
- John Rodd - concertina, tambourine, vocals.
- Dave Mattacks - drums, piano, electric piano.