The PuLi Hotel and Spa
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The PuLi Hotel and Spa|
The PuLi Hotel and Spa's logo
The exterior view of The PuLi Hotel and Spa
|Location||1 Changde Road,
Shanghai 200040 China
|Opening||4 September 2009|
|Owner||Shanghai Cross Ocean Property Development|
|Management||Urban Resort Concepts|
|Floor count||26 |
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Kume Sekkei Japan|
|Number of rooms||193|
|Number of suites||36|
The PuLi Hotel and Spa (Chinese: 璞麗酒店; pinyin: Púlì Jiŭdiàn; literally: "beautiful un-carved gem") is a luxury hotel in the Jing'an District of Shanghai, China, situated between Nanjing West Road and Yan'an Road. The PuLi Hotel and Spa is the first hotel of Urban Resort Concepts and is the member hotel of The Leading Hotels of the World  in China. In March 2010, the hotel was included in Design Hotels network as a member hotel. The Chinese name of The PuLi Hotel and Spa The hotel logo was inspired by a phoenix and the flame tree (鳳凰树).
The hotel restaurant is located on the second floor while other hotel facilities, including gymnasium, sauna, steam rooms, jacuzzi, swimming pool and the hotel's spa operated by Anantara Spa Group, are located on the third floor.
Chinese materials, including dark local timbers, cast bronze, air dried clay tiles, grey Shanghai brick and local flamed and handmade stone were used as building materials for hotel's public areas and guestrooms.
Examples of building materials application in the hotel:
- Stingray leather panels above the Library fireplace in size of 309 cm width by 218 cm height by 83 cm depth
- Bronze wall at the end of the swimming pool
- "The PuLi Hotel and Spa Overview" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "The PuLi Hotel and Spa joins The Leading Hotels network" (PDF) (Press release). The PuLi Hotel and Spa. 2008-12-09. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "A Phoenix to Remember: The PuLi Hotel and Spa" (PDF) (Press release). The PuLi Hotel and Spa. 2009-02-23. Retrieved 2011-03-21.