The Puppet Designer
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Chamber Music, Contemporary Classical|
|Media type||Print Masterscore, Vocal score, Parts|
The world premiere took place on April 4, 1995, at the Singel in Antwerp with the Oxalys Chamber Orchestra (without conductor), featuring Henk Lauwers (baritone). The first performance with conductor took place on June 18, 1996, in Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, at the Festival "The Power of Culture: Our Creative Diversity", Unesco - United Nations, with I Fiamminghi (orchestra), Henk Lauwers (baritone), and Rudolf Werthen, conductor.The final published version under the new title The Puppet Designer has not yet had its premiere.
Credits and notes
- Music and lyrics: Nicholas Lens
- Publisher: Schott Music International (2005), Mainz; New York
- Language: Yiddish
- Title in Yiddish: Der Bashafer fun Marionetn
- Score credits: dramma per musica in nove atti per baritono e orchestra da camera (2005), lingua: Giudaico
- Duration: approx. 25 min.
- Working title: Ikh bin keyn eydes nit gevezn
- Translation lyrics in Yiddish: Dobruszkes
- Translation lyrics in French: Ronald de Pourq
- The work was originally commissioned for orchestra without conductor
- Van Laethem, Anna (2007). . MATRIX [Centrum voor Nieuwe Muziek]. Retrieved 4 November 2013 (in Dutch).
- Schott Music. The Puppet Designer Retrieved 7 May 2014.