The Quake (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||John Andreas Andersen|
|Produced by||Are Heidenstorm|
|Music by||Johannes Ringen|
|Cinematography||John Christian Rosenlund|
|Edited by||Christian Siebenherz|
|Distributed by||Nordisk Filmdistribusjon|
3 years after the rockslide, Geologist Kristian Eikjord is divorced from his wife and separated from his kids, living in seclusion from the outside world due to his crippling PTSD. After a former colleague dies in what the Norwegian Press calls a traffic accident, Kristian goes to Oslo to investigate, and finds out that he was actually killed by a seismic movement, and was studying the possibility of an massive earthquake in Oslo. Researching it further with the help of his colleague's daughter Marit, Kristian makes several shocking discoveries that suggest a massive quake may soon hit Oslo. His attempts to warn his family and the citizens of Oslo backfire, and when the massive earthquake hits, he is caught in a race against time to rescue his daughter from a collapsing skyscraper.
- Kristoffer Joner as Kristian Eikjord, a 40-year old experienced geologist
- Ane Dahl Torp as Idun Eikjord, Kristian's wife
- Jonas Hoff Oftebro as Sondre Eikjord, Kristian's 20 year old son
- Edith Haagenrud-Sande as Julia Eikjord, Kristian's 11 year old daughter
- Scott Roxborough (3 December 2015). "Foreign-Language Oscar Spotlight: Norway's Disaster Epic 'The Wave'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 December 2015.