The Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (Environmental Achievement) (2006)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (Environmental Achievement) (2006) was awarded on 21 April 2006, by Queen Elizabeth II.
The following organisations were awarded this year.
- Eco Arc: Ecological Architecture Practice of York for design of low energy, sustainable buildings relying on renewable energy
- North of England Zoological Society (Chester Zoo) of Chester for contributions to conservation, education and sustainability
- Alastair Sawday Publishing Co. Ltd of Long Ashton, Bristol for reduction of carbon emissions.
- ScottishPower Renewables of Glasgow, Scotland for sustainable best practice in windfarm development.
- Shepherd Neame Limited of Faversham, Kent for management of a brewery and public houses in Kent and South East England.
- Traidcraft plc of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear for promotion of fair trade, ethical business practices, social accounting and stakeholder engagement.
- Yeo Valley Farms (Production) Ltd of Blagdon, Bristol for their approach to management with continuing support for sustainable UK organic farming thereby minimising environmental impact.
- The Queen's Award for Sustainable Development at Business Link