The Quick and the Undead
|The Quick and the Undead|
|Directed by||Gerald Nott|
|Written by||Gerald Nott|
|Produced by||Gerald Nott|
|Edited by||Jeff Murphy|
|Music by||Brian Beardsley|
Pieter A. Schlosser
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment|
In the present, a plague breaks out causing the infected to become zombies. The action starts 80 years later, where the western United States has devolved into a series of ghost towns overrun by zombies. The government awards bounty hunters bounties in exchange for pinkies of the undead.
Ryn Baskin (Clint Glenn) is a bounty hunter. After a successful hunt, he is robbed and left for dead by a rival gang of hunters, led by Blythe Remington (Parrish Randall), who plans to spread the plague, creating a larger bounty market. Ryn survives and follows Remington with the aid of Hans Tubman (Nicola Giacobbe), a foreigner who had double crossed Ryn. This leads him to a final confrontation not just with Blythe, but with a huge zombie army.
- Clint Glenn as Ryn Baskin
- Erin McCarthy as Hunter Leah
- Dion Day as Jackson
- Nicola Giacobbe as Hans Tubman
- Parrish Randall as Blythe Remington
- Jeff Swarthout as Walters
- Derik Van Derbeken as Dr. Ambroseo
- Toar Campbell as Toar Zombie
- Kim Solow as Little Girl Zombie
Moria gave the movie two and a half stars, finding it to be a successful, fast paced blend of the zombie and Spaghetti Western genres. It praised the homages to both Sergio Leone and George Romero.
- The Quick and the Undead at IMDb
- The Quick and the Undead at AllMovie
- The Quick and the Undead at AMG