The Rampage from Exile Tribe
The Rampage at the VMAJ 2017 Awards.
|Also known as||RMPG|
|Labels||Rhythm Zone, LDH|
The Rampage from Exile Tribe (Japanese: ザ・ランページ・フロム・エグザイル・トライブ, stylized as THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE and also known as The Rampage), is a J-pop vocal and dance group formed and managed by talent agency LDH and signed to Avex's record label Rhythm Zone. The Rampage is part of the collective supergroup, Exile Tribe and is composed of sixteen members. The group was formed in 2014 and the members were chosen from Exile's Vocal Battle Audition 4, EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION and GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE auditions. The Rampage made their debut on January 2017 with the release of their first single "Lightning".
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Tie-up
- 5 Tours
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards
- 8 Notes
- 9 References
On April 11, 2014, Exile Hiro announced on the TV show Sukkiri!! a new group being formed for EXILE TRIBE.
On September 12, 2014, the final sixteen members of The Rampage were recruited from participants of "EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION", a competition to be part of EXILE, "VOCAL BATTLE AUDITION 4", a competition for young people who dream of being vocalists, and "GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE", a program for young people who dream of performing internationally and form a dance and vocal group. The name of the group, "The Rampage (run about wildly)" shows that the group would always dance wildly and passionately on stage. Before debuting, they went on their Musha Shugyo, touring the country for 2 years as part of their training. They performed for free in various places in Japan. Through these performances, they bonded as a group, improved as performers and gained fans. As part of their Musha Shugyo, the group also participated in EXILE TRIBE's "EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR LIVE TOUR TOWER OF WISH 2014 ~THE REVOLUTION~" dome tours. In their final year of Musha Shugyo, the group split up into 3 separate teams to promote and improve themselves more individually.
Prior to their debut, the members of the group (specifically the performers) also participated in tours from other LDH artists as support members, such as Exile The Second's tour EXILE THE SECOND LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 "WILD WILD WARRIORS".
On September 27, 2016, it was revealed the group would make their major debut with their first single in early 2017.
2017: Debut with Lightning and first tour
The Rampage debuted in January 25, 2017, with their first single "Lightning" peaking at #2 on the Oricon Weekly Charts and being certified 'Gold' by the RIAJ for selling 100,000 physical copies. The group received their first major award in the MTV Video Music Awards Japan for their "Lightning" music video.
In the following months of April and July The Rampage released their second and third single "FRONTIERS" and 'Dirty Disco' which peaked at #3 and #5 respectively.
In early November, The Rampage released their fourth single '100degrees'. The single reached #6 in the Oricon Weekly Charts and earned the group the 'New Wave Artist Award' at the Asia Artist Awards where they performed for the first time overseas. Later on December The Rampage embarked in their first tour ever THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" starting in December and scheduled to end in March 2018.
2018: Final dates of their first tour, singles and first album THE RAMPAGE
On April 25, 2018, the group released their 5th single "Fandango", followed by their 6th single "HARD HIT" on July 18. On August 13, 14, 16 and 17 the group held the final dates of their first tour, which got titled as THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" THE FINAL.
On September 12, 2018, the group released their first album THE RAMPAGE. On the same day, their second tour and first arena tour named THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST", that would go through 2019, was announced.
2019: Second live tour, singles and Battle of Tokyo
The group's 7th single "Throw Ya Fist" was released on January 30, 2019, as the kickoff single for their second tour. From February 6 to May 26, the group went on their second tour The Rampage Live Tour 2019 "Throw Ya Fist", which was also their first arena tour in Japan.
In June 2019, the Battle of Tokyo project started, which includes all Jr.Exile groups. During this month those 4 groups released collaboration singles every week, until they released a full album titled "Battle of Tokyo 〜Enter the Jr.Exile〜" on July 3, 2019. Accompanying the album release, the groups held a row of live performances from July 4 to 7 with the same name.
On July 31, the group released their 8th single "Welcome 2 Paradise", with a music video shot at Paradise City in South Korea.
|Name||Native name||Position||Date of birth||Birthplace|
|Riku||Riku Aoyama (青山陸)||Vocalist||August 10, 1994||Saitama Prefecture|
|Kazuma Kawamura (川村壱馬)||January 7, 1997||Osaka Prefecture|
|Hokuto Yoshino (吉野北人)||March 6, 1997||Miyazaki Prefecture|
|Likiya||Likiya Elliot (エリオット・力矢)||Performer & Leader||November 28, 1990||Aomori Prefecture|
|Zin||Jin Sakamoto (坂本陣)||April 28, 1994||Osaka Prefecture|
|Kenta Kamiya (神谷健太)||Performer||May 27, 1995||Okinawa Prefecture|
|Rui Yonamine (与那嶺 瑠唯)||August 16, 1995||Okinawa Prefecture|
|Shogo Yamamoto (山本彰吾)||October 6, 1995||Okayama Prefecture|
|Shogo Iwaya (岩谷翔吾)||March 11, 1997||Osaka Prefecture|
|Shohei Urakawa (浦川翔平)||May 23, 1997||Nagasaki Prefecture|
|Itsuki Fujiwara (藤原樹)||October 20, 1997||Fukuoka Prefecture|
|Kaisei Takechi (武知海青)||February 4, 1998||Takarazuka, Hyōgo|
|Makoto Hasegawa (長谷川慎)||July 29, 1998||Kanagawa Prefecture|
|Ryu||Ryutaro Ata (阿多龍太郎)||September 9, 1998||Chiba Prefecture|
|Takahide Suzuki (鈴木昂秀)||October 3, 1998||Kanagawa Prefecture|
|Takuma Goto (後藤拓磨)||December 4, 1998||Wakayama Prefecture|
|Oricon Albums Chart|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|Oricon Singles Charts
|Billboard Japan Hot 100|
|2019||"Throw Ya Fist"||3||5||
|"Welcome 2 Paradise"||3||3|
|"Swag & Pride"||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Pre-released digital singles
|2018||BREAKING THE ICE||THE RAMPAGE|
|THROW YA FIST|
|DOWN BY LAW|
|WELCOME 2 PARADISE|
|One More Kiss|
As featured artists
(vs. Generations from Exile Tribe)
|HIGH & LOW ORIGINAL BEST ALBUM|
|"FIND A WAY"|
|2019||Shoot It Out
(Generations Vs The Rampage)
|"Battle Of Tokyo 〜Enter The Jr.Exile〜"|
|Dead Or Alive
(The Rampage Vs Ballistik Boyz)
|Mix It Up
(The Rampage Vs Fantastics)
|Lightning||Nitro · Circus 10th Anniversary World Tour Image Song|
|TV Asahi "Onegai! Ranking" January 2017 Ending theme song|
|ELEVATION||JSBC SNOWTOWN 2016 CM song|
|FRONTIERS||TV Asahi "Onegai! Ranking" April 2017 Ending theme song|
|100degrees||Honda Racing THANKS DAY Presents Honda Racing Aoyama GP Strider Cup Final in Akasaka Sacas CM song|
|DREAM YELL||"an" CM song|
|Fuji TV "Mezamashi TV" 25th anniversary project "Nihon Tsunagaru Project" 5th supporting song|
|Fandango||NTV "Sukkiri!!" April 2018 theme song|
|HARD HIT||TBS Natsu Sakasu 2018 theme song|
|BREAKING THE ICE||Morinaga "ICE BOX" ICE BOX x THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE tie up song|
|NCC Nagasaki Culture Telecasting "The 100th National High School Baseball Tournament Nagasaki Tournament" Theme Song|
|OAB Oita Asahi Broadcasting "100th National High School Baseball Championship Oita Competition" Insertion Song / Ending Theme Song|
|ABA Asahi Broadcasting Aomori "100th National High School Baseball Tournament Aomori tournament" Relay Ending Song|
|YAB Yamaguchi Asahi Broadcasting "2018 High School Baseball Yamaguchi Tournament" Opening Song|
|YTS Yamagata TV "100th National High School Baseball Tournament Yamagata Tournament" Ending Song|
|HAB Hokuriku Asahi Broadcasting "2018 summer high school baseball" supporting song|
|UX Niigata TV 21 "2018 Battle Live" Ending Theme|
|TV Saitama "High School Baseball Digest 2018" Ending Theme|
|2018 IAT Iwate Asahi TV "Summer High School Baseball Iwate Tournament" Theme Song|
|Chiba Television Broadcasting "High School Baseball Digest" Ending Theme Song|
|KKB Kagoshima Broadcasting "100th National High School Baseball Championship Memorial Kagoshima Tournament" Ending Song|
|KFB Fukushima Broadcasting "Loading footage full loading! Oh nostalgic high school baseball" ending theme|
|KSB Setonaikai Broadcasting "100th National High School Baseball Tournament Okayama / Kagawa Tournament" KSB High School Baseball Supporting Song|
|Hiroshima Home TV "2018 HOME summer High school baseball Hiroshima tournament" theme song|
|THROW YA FIST||JSBC Snowtown CM song|
|DOWN BY LAW||TV anime "Fairy Tail" final series 2nd opening theme song|
|Starlight||MBS/TBS Dramaism "Yuube wa Otanoshimi Deshita ne" theme song |
|SWAG & PRIDE||Movie "High and Low The Worst" theme song|
||Morinaga "ICE BOX" ICE BOX x THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE tie up song|
|One More Kiss
||DHC "Medicinal lip cream" tie-up song|
|FIRED UP||Movie "High and Low The Worst" interlude song|
As a lead artists
|2017-2018||From December 1st to August 17||THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE"|
|2019||From February 6 to May 26||THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST"|
As a participating group
|2016||From July 22 to October 3||HiGH&LOW THE LIVE||Exile Tribe|
|2019||From July 4 to July 7||Battle Of Tokyo 〜Enter The Jr.Exile〜||Generations, The Rampage, Fantastics, Ballistik Boyz from Exile Tribe|
As a supporting members
|2014||June||EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR 2014 SPECIAL STAGE "THE SURVIVAL" IN SAITAMA SUPER ARENA 10DAYS||Exile Tribe|
|From September to December||EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR LIVE TOUR TOWER OF WISH 2014 〜THE REVOLUTION〜|
|2015||From May to October||Sandaime JSoul Brothers LIVE TOUR 2015 "BLUE PLANET"||Sandaime J Soul Brothers|
|From September to December||EXILE LIVE TOUR 2015 "AMAZING WORLD"||Exile|
|2016-2017||From October to May||EXILE THE SECOND LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 "WILD WILD WARRIORS"||Exile The Second|
|2016||Night Hero Naoto||TV Tokyo||Episodes 1 & 6|||
|2014-present||Weekly Exile (週間EXILE)||TBS|
|2018-2019||Teppen Toruzo THE RAMPAGE (てっぺんとるぞ THE RAMPAGE)||GYAO!|
|2017-present||WEEKEND THE RAMPAGE||Bayfm|
|2019-present||RMPG DOPE STATION||Bayfm|
|2016||One Time One Life||Exile The Second|
|YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!!|
|Shut up!! Shut up!! Shut up!!|
|WILD WILD WILD|
|2017||Persol Career "an"|
|2018-present||Morinaga & Company "ICE BOX"||Image Character|||
|2019||DHC "Medicinal lip cream"|||
|2016-2017||Nitro Circus||Special supporter|
|2017||VMAJ 2017||Best New Artist Video||"Lightning"||Won|
|Asia Artist Awards||New Wave Award||"100degrees"||Won|
|2018||The 32nd Japan Gold Disc Award||Best 5 New Artists (Japanese)||Won|
- "THE RAMPAGE have dropped their awesome debut single "Lightning"!". SBS PopAsia. 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2017-10-20.
- "THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE | MANAGEMENT | LDH". www.ldh.co.jp. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE". EXILE TRIBE mobile (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBEの売上ランキング". ORICON NEWS. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). February 6, 2017. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). May 1, 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). July 31, 2017. Retrieved July 31, 2017.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). November 20, 2017. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). May 7, 2018. Retrieved May 7, 2018.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). July 30, 2018. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). February 11, 2019. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Japan Billboard Hot 100". Billboard (in Japanese). August 19, 2019. Retrieved August 14, 2019.
- ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2017年01月 [Works Receiving Certifications List (Gold, etc) (January 2017)] (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. January 30, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- "ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2019年5月" [Works Receiving Certifications List (Gold, etc) (May 2019)]. www.riaj.or.jp (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "【ナイトロ・サーカス】THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE のメジャーデビューシングル『Lightning』が、イメージソング決定！". Fuji TV blog (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE's "DREAM YELL" chosen as the 5th cheer song for "Nihon Tsunagaru Project", a project to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Mezamashi TV"! | NEWS (ALL) | LDH - LOVE + DREAM + HAPPINESS TO THE WORLD -". www.ldh.co.jp. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- LDH. "7/18(水)release!! THE RAMPAGE New Single『HARD HIT』カップリング曲『BREAKING THE ICE』の追加タイアップ決定！". EXILE TRIBE FAMILY -EXILE TRIBE OFFICIAL FAN CLUB-. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Inc, Natasha. "THE RAMPAGE、初アニメタイアップは「FAIRY TAIL」新OPテーマ（コメントあり）". 音楽ナタリー (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "【3 covers & tracklist unveiled!!】THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE's new single "THROW YA FIST" to be released on 1/30/2019 (Wed.)! | NEWS (ALL) | LDH - LOVE + DREAM + HAPPINESS TO THE WORLD -". www.ldh.co.jp. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "EXILE TRIBE、NAOTO主演ドラマでド迫力ダンス 豪華メンバーとコラボ - モデルプレス". モデルプレス - ライフスタイル・ファッションエンタメニュース (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE serving as the face of MORINAGA "ICE BOX" in 2019! | LDH - LOVE + DREAM + HAPPINESS TO THE WORLD -". www.ldh.co.jp. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- "THE RAMPAGEが森永製菓『ICE BOX』2019年イメージキャラクターに決定！". EXILE TRIBE FAMILY. Retrieved 2019-08-03.
- Inc, Natasha. "THE RAMPAGE×DHCコラボパッケージのリップ発売、特典は16種類のムービー". 音楽ナタリー (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-07.