The Red Road (TV series)
|The Red Road|
|Created by||Aaron Guzikowski|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Fair Harbor Productions
Shady Cat Productions
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||February 27, 2014– May 7, 2015|
The Red Road is a drama series that aired on SundanceTV from February 27, 2014 to May 7, 2015. This was SundanceTV's second fully owned scripted original series; the first was Rectify. The Red Road was canceled after its second season, confirmed by Jason Momoa, who played Phillip Kopus in the series.
The main protagonist is Police Officer Harold Jensen, who is trying to keep his family together after a cover-up involving his mentally unstable wife, who is a recovering alcoholic. She had self-medicated her undiagnosed schizophrenia with alcohol. Jensen comes into conflict with Phillip Kopus, a member of the Ramapough Mountain people. His state-recognized tribe lives in the Ramapo Mountains in a border area of New York and New Jersey in the fictitious small town of Walpole, New Jersey, across the Hudson River from New York City.
- Martin Henderson as Harold Jensen
- Jason Momoa as Phillip Kopus
- Julianne Nicholson as Jean Jensen
- Allie Gonino as Rachel Jensen
- Tamara Tunie as Marie Van Der Veen
- Kiowa Gordon as Junior Van Der Veen
- Annalise Basso as Kate Jensen
- Tom Sizemore as Jack Kopus
- Gary Farmer as Mac
- Lisa Bonet as Sky Van Der Veen
- Zahn McClarnon as Mike Parker
- Antoni Corone as Captain Warren
- Brooke Montalvo as Paige
- Keith Flippen as Dr. Beilke
- Mike Farrell as David Rogers
- Irene Ziegler as Sylvia Rogers
- Nick Gomez as Frank Morgan
- Doris Morgado as Iana Morgan
- Logan Siu as Paul Morgan
- Arturo Fonts as Robby
- Sabina Akhmedova as Fayina
- Dwayne Boyd as Bernard Roald
- Boo Arnold as Attorney Irv Nesbitt
- Anthony Reynolds as Brennan
- Ryan Nesset as Officer K. Felix
- Tammy Arnold as Officer Spector
- Jeff Matthew Glover as Officer Baker
- Nickola Shreli as Duke
- Ben Winchell as Brad
- Ian Gregg as Leo
- Victor Gage as Lenape Hunter
- Manuel Rodriguez as Ramapo Native American
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||6||February 27, 2014||April 3, 2014|
|2||6||April 2, 2015||May 7, 2015|
The Red Road has received mostly favorable reviews. Review aggregator site Metacritic has given the season a "generally favorable" score of 66 out of 100, based on 25 critics. On another review aggregator site, Rotten Tomatoes, it holds a 65% rating with an average rating of 6.9 out of 10, based on 26 reviews.
In 2015, Sundance released The Red Road 1990: A Graphic Novel to be read online.
- Bibel, Sara (January 6, 2014). "New Drama 'The Red Road' to Premiere Friday February 21, 2014 on SundanceTV". TV by the Numbers (Press release).
- Roco (23 May 2015). "The Red Road Cancelled By SundanceTV After Two Seasons". Seriable.com. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Hyman, Vicki (February 21, 2014). "Ramapough Lenape inspired 'The Red Road' writer: 'I wanted it to ring true'". NJ.com. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 24, 2013). "Julianne Nicholson To Co-Star On Sundance Channel's Drama Series 'The Descendants'". Deadline. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "One on One: Bridget Carpenter of 'The Red Road'". Sundance Channel. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 11, 2013). "Sundance Channel Picks Up Scripted Series 'The Descendants', Beefs Up Scripted Team". Deadline. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (August 15, 2013). "Sundance Channel Announces Cast, Including Jason Momoa & Martin Henderson, and Start of Production for 'The Red Road'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Sundance Channel Series 'Red Road' Casting Call For Band". Auditionsfree.com. October 14, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "The Red Road : Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "The Red Road: Season 1 (2014)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- Guzikowski, Aaron (1990). The Red Road 1990: A Graphic Novel (Online graphic novel ed.).