The Red in the Sky Is Ours
|The Red in the Sky Is Ours|
|Studio album by At the Gates|
|Released||27 July 1992|
|Producer||At the Gates|
|At the Gates chronology|
The Red in the Sky Is Ours is the debut album by the Swedish death metal band At the Gates released on 27 July 1992. It was re-released in 1993 with With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness and then in 2003 with bonus tracks.
When At the Gates began recording The Red in the Sky Is Ours, the group had been together for a mere year. In comparison to 1991 EP Gardens of Grief, guitarist Anders Björler feels that The Red in the Sky Is Ours is more structured. In certain instances, Björler deems the record "experimental" nonetheless. At this time, the group's members started to learn about one another musically. Björler was at the time very inspired by guitarist Alf Svensson's ideas, and called them "over the top" and "extremely challenging". However, Björler went on to comment that the group "tried too hard to impress people with too many riffs and weird songwriting".
Björler has criticised the production also, dubbing it "weird" and "very weak-sounding".
|1.||"The Red in the Sky Is Ours/The Season to Come"||4:41|
|3.||"Through Gardens of Grief"||4:02|
|6.||"Claws of Laughter Dead"||4:02|
|9.||"Night Comes, Blood Black"||5:16|
|10.||"City of Screaming Statues"||4:37|
|2003 re-release bonus tracks|
|11.||"All Life Ends" (Live)|
|12.||"Kingdom Gone" (Live)|
|13.||"Ever-Opening Flower" (Demo)|
- At The Gates
- 1. The Red in the Sky Is Ours/The Season to Come - (Björler / Lindberg) / (Traditional)
- 2. Kingdom Gone - (Björler / Svensson / Lindberg)
- 3. Through Gardens of Grief - (Svensson / Björler / Lindberg)
- 4. Within - (Svensson / Björler / Lindberg)
- 5. Windows - (Björler / Lindberg)
- 6. Claws of Laughter Dead - (Svensson / Björler / Lindberg)
- 7. Neverwhere - (Svensson / Lindberg)
- 8. The Scar - (Björler / Lindberg)
- 9. Night Comes, Blood Black - (Svensson / Björler / Lindberg)
- 10. City of Screaming Statues - (Svensson / Björler / Lindberg)
- Tomas Lindberg – vocals
- Anders Björler – guitars
- Alf Svensson - guitars
- Adrian Erlandsson – drums
- Jonas Björler - bass
- Jesper Jarold– violin
- Allmusic review
- Morgan, Anthony (November 2007). ""The Flames of the End"? - Guitarist Anders Björler wishes to pen the final chapter in the glorious history of Swedish legends At The Gates". Lucem Fero. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- The Red in the Sky Is Ours back cover. Freecovers.net. Retrieved 2011-10-18.