The Refugees (TV series)
|Also known as||Refugiados|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original release||May 7 –|
June 15, 2015
The Refugees is a 2015 drama television series created by Ramón Campos, Gema R. Neira, Cristóbal Garrido and Adolfo Valor. The series is a joint production of BBC Worldwide and Atresmedia that premiered on laSexta on 7 May 2015. It shows a rural community faced with millions of refugees from the future seeking shelter in the present.
Mankind is suffering the biggest exodus in history. Three billion people from the future have traveled to the present to escape from an imminent global disaster: a deadly mutation of a cold virus. All the refugees must obey two rules: they must not talk about the future and they must not contact their families.
The arrival of the refugees takes everyone by surprise, including the Cruz family. The series centers on their story, the story of Samuel, Emma and little Ani. A shift in their existence after the arrival of a mysterious refugee, Alex, who has an incredible mission that will change their lives, and in order to accomplish his mission, he will not hesitate to do whatever there is to be done: including breaking the rules.
The following is a list of cast members from the series:
- Natalia Tena as Emma Oliver
- Will Keen as Samuel "Sam" Cruz
- David Leon as Alex
- Dafne Keen as Ana "Ani" Cruz Oliver
- Ken Appledorn as Luis
- Jonathan Mellor as Óscar
- Charlotte Vega as Sofía
- Gillian Apter as Gloria
- Morgan Symes as Victor
- Benjamin Nathan-Serio as Cristian
- Gary Piquer as Hugo
- Brendan Price as Félix
In Spain, the first and second episodes of The Refugees were broadcast simultaneously the same day on four television channels (Neox, Nova, laSexta and Antena 3) of Atresmedia. The premiere of The Refugees was watched by 4.37 million viewers. The rest of episodes aired on laSexta.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Original air date||Spain viewers|
|1||"The Exodus"||David Pinillos||May 7, 2015||4.37|
|2||"The Siege"||David Pinillos||May 7, 2015||4.37|
|3||"The Wait"||David Pinillos||May 14, 2015||1.81 |
|4||"The Sacrifice"||David Pinillos||May 21, 2015||1.175|
|5||"Alone"||David Pinillos||May 25, 2015||1.175|
|6||"The Truth"||León Siminiani||June 1, 2015||1.175|
|7||"Sara"||León Siminiani||June 8, 2015||1.258|
|8||"A New Beginning"||David Pinillos||June 15, 2015||1.131|
- Kemp, Stuart (29 January 2014). "BBC Worldwide Inks Spanish Co-Production Deal". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Daswani, Mansha (29 January 2014). "BBCWW, Atresmedia Partner on Sci-Fi Drama". Worldscreen. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Hopewell, John (29 January 2014). "BBC Worldwide, Spanish Net Atresmedia, Team For 'Refugees'". Variety. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Los Refugiados at the laSexta.com
- "BBC Worldwide and Atresmedia to co-produce original sci-fi drama The Refugees". BBC. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Middleton, Richard (29 January 2014). "BBCWW lines up first Euro copro". C21 Media. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Atresmedia se alía con la BBC para producir la serie The Refugees (Refugiados)". Europa Press. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Whittock, Jesse (30 January 2014). "Spanish sci-fi is BBC Worldwide's debut Euro copro". TBI Vision. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "El estreno de 'Refugiados' atrae en total a 4.377.000 espectadores con un 25% de share". Formula TV. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "'Refugiados' baja sin emisión simultánea, pero marca un buen 9% en laSexta". Formula TV. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- "'Audiencias de los episodios de Refugiados". Formula TV. Retrieved June 27, 2015.