This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||The Reign of Kindo (2006–2018)|
|Origin||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, progressive rock, jazz rock, alternative rock, funk rock|
Kindo (formerly known as The Reign of Kindo) is an Alternative-Jazz band originating from Buffalo, New York, currently based out of New York City. They produce and release their music independently. They finance the creation of their recordings and videos by writing, producing and releasing a new original recording every month to their supporters on Patreon.
On August 21, 2007, the band released their first record, an EP entitled simply "The Reign of Kindo EP". The EP was a regional sales success, reaching No. 5 on the Billboard Middle Atlantic Heatseekers chart. In 2008, they began recording for their first full-length record, entitled "Rhythm, Chord & Melody" and released it through 111 Records on August 19, 2008.
On December 30, 2009, Candyrat Records released the first YouTube video of The Reign of Kindo performing the song "Just Wait." Within the first 24-hour period, it was one of the most highly rated and commented videos among YouTube's music category of videos. More live studio videos followed, eventually becoming a staple and integral part of the band's musical output.
On April 28, 2010, the band officially confirmed their third record, an LP titled "This Is What Happens". It was released through Candyrat Records on August 3, 2010. The album was re-created in an 8-bit/Chiptune style by members Mike Carroll and Steven Padin, and released as "This Is Also What Happens" in the same year.
On April 14, 2018, the band released their 5th album, titled "Happy However After", and released a statement along with it that confirmed a name change for the band, officially renaming themselves 'Kindo'.
According to the band's Facebook page, the members describe themselves simply as, "makers of music". Though most easily labeled as a branch of Indie Rock, their style is altogether jazzier than most in the genre, "mixing complex jazz harmonies and dissonances" with a Pop music and Latin influence.
- Joseph Secchiaroli - vocals, guitar (2006–present)
- Steven Padin - drums, vocals (2006–present)
- Danny Pizarro - piano (2010–present)
- Michael Carroll - guitar, percussion (2006–present)
- Jeffrey Jarvis - bass (2006–present)
- Geraldo Castillo - percussion, vocals (2014–present)
- Kelly Sciandra - piano, trumpet (2006–present)
- John Baab - guitar (2014–present)
- Darren Escar - saxophone (2010–present)
- The Reign of Kindo EP (One Eleven, 2007)
- Rhythm, Chord & Melody (One Eleven, 2008)
- This Is What Happens (Candyrat, 2010)
- This Is Also What Happens (Candyrat, 2010)
- Christmas EP (Independent, 2010)
- Play With Fire (Candyrat, 2013)
- Play (Candyrat, 2013)
- Happy However After (Candyrat, 2018)
- Review, Emotionalpunk.com
- Review, IndieUpdate.com
- Review, MusicEmissions.com
- Review, Pop Matters
- Review, Alternative Press, November 11, 2008.