The Related Companies
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Real estate development|
|Founder||Stephen M. Ross|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
Stephen M. Ross (Chairman)|
Jeff T. Blau (CEO)
Bruce A. Beal, Jr. (President)
|Total assets||US$50 billion (2017), including assets managed for others|
|Total equity||US$4 billion (2017)|
|Owner||Stephen M. Ross (60%)|
Number of employees
The Related Companies, L.P. is an American privately owned real estate firm in New York City, with offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, San Francisco, Abu Dhabi, London, São Paulo and Shanghai. It has more than 3,000 employees. Related owns more than 8,000 luxury residential rental units in New York City, more than anyone else.
It has developed mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York City, as well as CityPlace in West Palm Beach. Related is currently developing the Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project, which comprises 28 acres (0.11 km2) in Manhattan’s Chelsea and Hell's Kitchen neighborhoods.
In 1985, the company constructed 225 Rector Place as a rental apartment complex. It sold the building in 2005 to developer Yair Levy and then bought the building back for $82.8 million after the lender, Anglo Irish Bank, foreclosed on the property in November 2010.
In January 2012, the company closed an $825 million distressed asset fund.
In March 2014, the United States Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against the company and several other large NYC developers, claiming failure to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
In January 2016, the company proposed developing a $6.5 billion project on the site of the former Santa Clara All Purpose Landfill.
- "Operating Portfolio". www.related.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Corporate Bio" (PDF). Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Stephen Ross Builds Related Cos. Into Top Developer
- Raval, Anjli. (2012-01-23) Related closes distressed asset fund. FT.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- Sorvino, Chloe (May 31, 2016). "Hudson Yards, America's Largest Private Real Estate Development, Opens First Building". Forbes.
- "The man behind the largest real estate project in U.S. History". Fortune. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Clarke, Katherine (June 1, 2014). "The Closing with Stephen Ross". The Real Deal.
- Brennan, Morgan (September 7, 2012). "Billionaire Stephen Ross Steps Down As CEO Of Related Cos". Forbes.
- Chaban, Matt (January 30, 2013). "Almost three decades later, 225 Rector is a hit". The Real Deal.
- "Related closes $825M distressed asset fund". The Real Deal. January 23, 2012.
- Willett, Megan (September 24, 2013). "Tour A $50 Million Glass Penthouse 60 Floors Above Madison Square Park". Business Insider.
- Musibay, Oscar Pedro (September 10, 2012). "Stephen Ross stays Related Companies exec chair, Blau new CEO". American City Business Journals.
- ACKER, DANIEL (March 18, 2014). "US gov't sues NYC developers, charging failure to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act". American City Business Journals.
- Barbanel, Josh (March 17, 2014). "New York City Developer Accused in Disabled-Access Suit". The Wall Street Journal.(subscription required)
- ALBERTS, HANA R. (July 10, 2014). "Tour Robert A.M. Stern's High Line Rentals at Abington House". Curbed.
- Vincent, Roger (October 1, 2014). "Developer of new Bunker Hill apartment high-rise woos older residents". Los Angeles Times.
- Donato-Weinstein, Nathan (January 1, 2016). "Related Companies must dig deep to build housing on former dump". American City Business Journals.
- "Why Related Companies Is One Of The Most Innovative Companies Of 2017". Fast Company. February 13, 2017.
- Bandell, Brian (May 11, 2017). "Related Group interested in redeveloping Boca Raton's municipal complex". American City Business Journals.
- Bandell, Brian (July 6, 2017). "Related Group opens Brickell Heights, sells commercial space for $17.5M (Video)". American City Business Journals.