The Related Companies
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Real estate development|
|Founder||Stephen M. Ross|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|Owner||Chairman Stephen M. Ross, CEO Jeff T. Blau, President Bruce A. Beal, Jr.|
Related Companies is an American privately owned real estate firm in New York City, with offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, San Francisco, Abu Dhabi, London, São Paulo and Shanghai, and 3,000 professionals. Related is the largest owner of luxury residential rental properties in New York with over 7,000 units, and has developed mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York City, as well as CityPlace in West Palm Beach. Related is currently developing the 28 acres (0.11 km2) Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project in Manhattan’s Chelsea and Hell's Kitchen neighborhoods. Related also manages approximately $1.5 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, Taft Hartley plans and family offices.
Related also owns Equinox Fitness clubs and a partnership interest in Union Square Events, the catering, culture, sports, and events business of Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group.
In 1972, Stephen M. Ross founded Related Companies, known then as Related Housing Companies.
In 2007, Related received the Honor Award from the National Building Museum for their impact on the built environment, including their creation and management of affordable housing and their commitment to mixed-use urban development projects. The Emerson apartment building in Los Angeles has 271 units, of which 216 are leased at market rates. The other 55 units are at subsidized rates to tenants whose annual incomes are less than 50% of the local median, which was $42,700 for a family of four in 2014.
- "Our History". Related.com. 2015-09-15. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Stephen Ross: The Billionaire Who Is Rebuilding New York. Forbes (2012-07-03). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- "The man behind the largest real estate project in U.S. History". Fortune. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Raval, Anjli. (2012-01-23) Related closes distressed asset fund. FT.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- "A Salute to Related". National Building Museum. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Developer of new Bunker Hill apartment high-rise woos older residents". LA Times. 2014-10-04. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Member Firms". Rebny.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|