The Resistance (American political movement)
The Resistance (also known as the #Resistance) began as an American liberal political movement that protests the presidency of Donald Trump. It was established as a grassroots movement on January 19, 2017, and has since grown to include not only Democrats, but Independents and Republicans against Trump. Members of the movement are known for their plentiful use of Twitter, especially the "#Resist" hashtag. Some conservatives and Trump supporters have adopted the Resistance moniker to oppose President Joe Biden.
- "Wonder who's fighting Trump? Meet the #Resistance". France 24. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Smith, Mychal Denzel (2019-02-14). "Passive Resistance". The New Republic. ISSN 0028-6583. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Vogel, Kenneth (October 7, 2017). "The 'Resistance,' Raising Big Money, Upends Liberal Politics". The New York Times. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Seitz-Wald, Alex (January 19, 2018). "The anti-Trump 'Resistance' turns a year old — and grows up". NBC News. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Wenzke, Marissa (February 2, 2017). "How #Resist became the rallying cry for fighting back in Trump's America". Mashable. Retrieved March 17, 2019.