The Resistance with Keith Olbermann
|The Resistance with Keith Olbermann|
|Also known as||
The Closer with Keith|
|Directed by||Dorenna Newton|
|Creative director(s)||Dorenna Newton|
|Presented by||Keith Olbermann|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||147|
|Picture format||16:9 HDTV|
|Original release||September 13, 2016 – November 27, 2017|
The Resistance with Keith Olbermann (originally titled The Closer with Keith Olbermann) was a political web series hosted by Keith Olbermann for GQ. It premiered on September 13, 2016 and ended on November 27, 2017. Typically three new episodes were posted every week and centered around criticism of Candidate, later President Donald Trump. They are stylistically similar to the Special Comments from Olbermann's previous work, Countdown with Keith Olbermann.
On November 27, 2017, Olbermann announced his retirement from political commentary after episode 147 had aired, citing his belief that "this . . . presidency of Donald John Trump will end prematurely and end soon, and I am thus also confident that this is the correct moment to end this series of commentaries".
Among the series' segments is one in which he criticized Rudy Giuliani for questioning Hillary Clinton's health, noting that Clinton did not question Giuliani's health when she was running for the Senate from New York, even though he previously had prostate cancer.
- "The Resistance with Keith Olbermann - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "The Closer with Keith Olbermann - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Terris, Ben (9 February 2017). "Have liberals found their combative new leader in … Keith Olbermann?". Washington Post. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Keith Olbermann Says He's Retiring From Political Commentary". Huffington Post. 28 November 2017.
- "Keith Olbermann on Twitter". Twitter. November 27, 2017.
- "Trump is Finished ｜ The Resistance with Keith Olbermann ｜ GQ - YouTube". GQ. 27 November 2017.
- Pompeo, Joe (12 September 2016). "Keith Olbermann's back—Hillary's pool problems—latest Fox News exit". Politico.com. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Flood, Brian (12 September 2016). "Keith Olbermann Hosts New GQ Web Series". The Wrap. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Sandomir, Richard (24 October 2016). "Now at GQ, Keith Olbermann Takes His Outrage Online". New York Times. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Weber, Peter (2016-11-28). "Keith Olbermann offers a surprisingly easy and constitutional way to fire Donald Trump". The Week.
- Garcia, Arturo (14 September 2016). "Keith Olbermann shreds Giuliani: Clinton never concern-trolled you when you had cancer". Raw Story. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Black, Lee Bob (2 April 2017). "Keith Olbermann's "The Closer" and "The Resistance" have been viewed almost 170 million times on GQ's YouTube and Facebook". Idea Insider. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Keith Olbermann's "The Closer" and "The Resistance" have been viewed almost 170 million times on GQ's YouTube and Facebook". Medium.com.
As of March 2017, videos for “The Closer” (which GQ refers to as “season 1”) have been watched a total of nearly 9 million times on YouTube and nearly 38 million times on Facebook. And videos for “The Resistance” (which GQ refers to as “season 2”) have been watched over 14 million times on YouTube and nearly 109 million times on Facebook. This figures sum to nearly 170 million total views.
- Shapiro, Rebecca (7 September 2017). "Keith Olbermann: America Has Spoken. Trump Is Unstable". Huffington Post. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Trump is F*cking Crazy by Keith Olbermann | PenguinRandomHouse.com". Penguin Random House. Retrieved 28 November 2017.