The Rest Is Noise
|Publisher||Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Picador, 4th Estate|
|Awards||National Book Critics Circle Award (2007), Guardian First Book Award (2007), Premio Napoli (2010), Grand Prix des Muses|
The Rest Is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century is a 2007 nonfiction book by the American music critic, Alex Ross, first published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux. It received widespread critical praise in the U.S. and Europe, garnering a National Book Critics Circle Award, a Guardian First Book Award, a Premio Napoli and the 2011 Grand Prix des Muses. The rest is Noise also had a spot on the New York Times list of the ten best books of 2007, and a finalist citation for the Pulitzer Prize in general nonfiction. The book was also shortlisted for the 2008 Samuel Johnson Prize for nonfiction.
- Ross, Alex (2008). The Rest Is Noise. London: Fourth Estate. ISBN 978-1-84115-475-6.
- "Guardian first book award: all the winners". the Guardian. 7 April 2016.
- "Premio Napoli 2007-2011 - Fondazione Premio Napoli". Fondazione Premio Napoli.
- "Grand prix des Muses 2011 à Alex Ross pour "The Rest is Noise" - Actes Sud". www.actes-sud.fr.
- "BBC Four - 2008 Shortlist for Samuel Johnson Prize".
|This article about a music publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|