The Return of Sherlock Holmes (1929 film)
|The Return of Sherlock Holmes|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Basil Dean|
|Produced by||Basil Dean|
Arthur Conan Doyle|
|Cinematography||William O. Steiner|
|Edited by||Helene Turner|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The Return of Sherlock Holmes is a 1929 American Pre-Code mystery film directed by Basil Dean and written by Arthur Conan Doyle, Basil Dean and Garrett Fort. The film shares its title with the third volume of the Sherlock Holmes stories, The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. The film stars Clive Brook, H. Reeves-Smith, Betty Lawford, Charles Hay and Phillips Holmes. The film was released October 29, 1929, by Paramount Pictures. A copy is held at the Library of Congress.
- Clive Brook as Sherlock Holmes
- H. Reeves-Smith as Dr. Watson
- Betty Lawford as Mary Watson
- Charles Hay as Captain Longmore
- Phillips Holmes as Roger Longmore
- Donald Crisp as Colonel Moran
- Harry T. Morey as Professor Moriarty
- Hubert Druce as Sergeant Gripper
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collection and The United Artists Collection at the Library of Congress, by The American Film Institute, c.1978
- Matthew E. Bunson (1997). Encyclopedia Sherlockiana. Simon & Schuster. p. 213. ISBN 0-02-861679-0.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; William S. Baring-Gould (1979). The Annotated Sherlock Holmes. Clarkson N. Potter, Inc. p. 30. ISBN 0517502917.
|This article about a mystery film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|