The Revolution Continues Alliance
|The Revolution Continues Alliance
تحالف الثورة مستمرة
|Founded||23 October 2011|
|Politics of Egypt
The Revolution Continues Alliance (Arabic: تحالف الثورة مستمرة , Taḥaluf al-ṯẖawra mustamirra, sometimes referred to as Istikmāl al-ṯẖawra or Completing the Revolution), abbreviated to RCA, was a left-leaning, mostly secular electoral alliance in Egypt. It was formed by two socialist, two liberal, and an Islamic party. The alliance had announced its electoral platform on 23 October 2011, one day before the deadline for the parliamentary election starting on 24 November.
The formation followed a conflict inside the broad left-leaning secular and liberal Egyptian Bloc over the participation of exponents of the old regime and the dominance of a few parties within the bloc. When they could not enforce their demands, the Socialist Popular Alliance Party and the Egyptian Socialist Party left the Bloc. The alliance's electoral campaign was launched on 2 November.
The alliance is effectively defunct since almost all of the parties in the coalition have left it. The Egyptian Current Party and Egypt Freedom Party have gone on to join other coalitions. The Coalition of Revolutionary Youth disbanded in July of 2012. The Socialist Popular Alliance Party and the Egyptian Socialist Party decided to merge into one socialist party. The Socialist Popular Alliance Party joined the Revolutionary Democratic Coalition. 
Former component parties
- Socialist Popular Alliance Party
- Socialist Party of Egypt
- Egyptian Current Party
- Egyptian Alliance Party
- Equality and Development Party
- Coalition of the Youth of the Revolution
- Freedom Egypt Party
- Ali, Mostafa (2 November 2011), "Revolution Continues Alliance launches its electoral bid", Ahram Online, retrieved 12 November 2011
- Khazbak, Rana (25 October 2011), "The Revolution Continues Coalition hits the ground running", Al Masry Al Youm, retrieved 12 November 2011
- Istikmal al-Thawra, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, retrieved 29 November 2011
- Backgrounder: Major blocs in Egypt's parliamentary elections, Xinhua, 28 November 2011, retrieved 29 November 2011
- Raslan, Sarah (23 October 2011), "Revolution Continues Alliance stabilises, one day ahead of registration deadline", Ahram Online, retrieved 12 November 2011
- "All broken up: new coalitions form as old electoral alliances die out". Daily News Egypt. 25 August 2012. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "UPDATED: Revolution Youth Coalition disband with end of Egypt's 'transitional phase'". Ahram Online. 7 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Revolutionary Democratic Coalition: A new voice on Egypt's Left, Ahram Online, 2012-09-19, retrieved 2012-09-09
- The Egyptian Bloc, Ahram Online, 18 Nov 2011, retrieved 15 May 2013
|This article about a political party in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|