The Ring of Solomon
||This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||Children's, Fantasy novel|
|14 October 2010|
|Media type||Print (paperback & hardback)|
|Pages||448 pp (first edition, paperback)|
|Preceded by||Ptolemy's Gate|
The Ring of Solomon is a children's novel of alternate history, fantasy and magic. It is a prequel to the Bartimaeus trilogy, written by British author Jonathan Stroud. It was first published in 2010.
The book follows the early adventures of Bartimaeus in service to King Solomon.
- Solomon, biblical King of Israel, ~970-931BC
- Asmira, captain of the guard for Queen of Sheba
- Balkis (Queen of Sheba)
- Ezekiel, a magician in service to Solomon
- Khaba the Cruel
- Bartimaeus, a mid-level djinn
- Spirit of the Ring
- Philocretes, an afrit
- High Magicians of Solomon
Magical objects, spells and places
- Ring of Solomon
Investigation of potential copyright issue
|If you have just labeled this page as a potential copyright issue, please follow the instructions for filing at the bottom of the box.|
The previous content of this page or section has been identified as posing a potential copyright issue, as a copy or modification of the text from the source(s) below, and is now listed on Wikipedia:Copyright problems (listing):
Unless the copyright status of the text on this page is clarified, the problematic text or the entire page may be deleted one week after the time of its listing.
|Can you help resolve this issue?
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:CP § Responding to articles listed for copyright investigation.
|About importing text to Wikipedia
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:Copying text from other sources.
|Instructions for filing
If you have tagged the article for investigation, please complete the following steps:
- Jonathan Stroud. "The Ring of Solomon (Bartimaeus, #0.5) by Jonathan Stroud — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists". Goodreads.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Whatchamacallit Reviews: The Ring of Solomon: By Jonathan Stroud". Whatchamacallitreviews.blogspot.com. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2016-02-16.