The Rise of Miss Power
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"The Rise of Miss Power"|
Miss Power and WordGirl.
|Episode no.||Season 6|
Episode 97 & 98
|Directed by||Steve Young|
|Written by||Jack Ferraiolo|
|Produced by||Danielle Giltlis|
|Production code||601, 602|
|Original air date||February 20, 2012|
|Running time||52 minutes (combined)|
The Rise of Miss Power is a special one-hour episode of the animated television show WordGirl. The movie aired on PBS on February 20, 2012. In reruns, the special is broken into two half-hour episodes of two segments each. The movie introduces Miss Power, a new villain unlike any WordGirl has ever seen: instead of being prone to malapropisms like her usual rogues' gallery, Miss Power is an eloquent yet sinister bully whom WordGirl does not immediately recognize as evil.
The movie contains The Pretty Princess/Magic Pony Power Hour.
- Miss Power has come to earth from outer space along with her sidekick, Captain Giggle Cheeks. At first, the newcomer appears to be a superhero: Miss Power is eloquent and has superpowers even greater than WordGirl's own, helping her to defeat the villains. Despite some misgivings, WordGirl is drawn to Miss Power's abilities and falls under her influence.
- Besides using her super strength and super speed to defeat villains, Miss Power has another secret weapon: using mean words against others. WordGirl would rather not use her words harshly...but after giving it a shot, she feels empowered.
- Miss Power has taken the bullying thing way too far and WordGirl doesn't like being associated with such a mean person. But when WordGirl tries to stand up to Miss Power, she gets belittled and strip her superhero star. Dejected and sulking, Becky goes home to her family. But Miss Power is there to take Mrs. Botsford away!
- WordGirl needs to come up with a plan to save her mom and get rid of Miss Power, fast! Huggy decides to share with her a pamphlet full of secret battle moves from her home planet: Lexicon.
Cast & Characters
- Dannah Phirman as Becky Botsford / WordGirl
- James Adomian as Bob / Captain Huggy Face
- Jane Lynch as Miss Power
- Chris Parnell as The Narrator, Henchman #1, Guy
- Ryan Raddatz as Tim Botsford, Todd "Scoops" Ming
- Maria Bamford as Sally Botsford
- Tom Kenny as Dr. Two-Brains, TJ Botsford
- Jack D. Ferraiolo as The Butcher
- Patton Oswalt as Theodore "Tobey" McCalister III
- Fred Stoller as Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy
- Cree Summer as Granny May
- H. Jon Benjamin as Reginald the Jewelry Store Clerk
Home media release
The movie was released on DVD on February 21, 2012 (the day after the premiere), which is also includes the two-part episode, A World Without WordGirl, and The Pretty Princess/Magic Pony Power Hour mini-series.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Rise of Miss Power|