The Rise of the Krays
The Rise of the Krays is a 2015 low-budget film about the Kray twins who terrorised London during the 1950s and 1960s. The film was funded by Terry Brown and David Sullivan and was in development before the production team learned of Legend, the blockbuster scheduled for release the same year.
The film focuses on the early life of the Krays before their downfall. In comparison to Legend it aims for a gritty authenticity with less glamorising, portraying The Twins as "horrible pieces of work".
- Simon Cotton as Ronnie Kray
- Kevin Leslie as Reggie Kray
- Nicola Stapleton as Violet Kray
- James Hepburn as Charlie Richardson
- "The Krays: A history of violence". BBC News Online. 4 April 2000. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Jury, Louise. (2011). 'Authentic' Kray twins movie squares up to Hardy version. 18 May 2015. London: Evening Standard. (Accessed 16 January 2019)
|This article related to a British film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|