The Robert Guillaume Show
|The Robert Guillaume Show|
|Created by||Sy Rosen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Guillaume-Margo Productions|
New World Television
|Original release||April 5 –|
August 1, 1989
The series starred Guillaume as Edward Sawyer, a single father with two children who begins an interracial relationship with Ann (Wendy Phillips), his white secretary who has a daughter of her own.
According to Guillaume's autobiography, he conceived the series with the intent of exploring racial complexities in a family situation in a comedic way, but was warned by ABC that the American public needed time to get used to the idea of an interracial romance. Guillaume maintained that ABC deliberately sabotaged the series by airing episodes out of order and showed a kiss between Edward and Ann on the second episode instead of the intended eighth. The series was soon canceled lasting only thirteen episodes.
- Robert Guillaume as Edward Sawyer
- Marc Joseph as William Sawyer
- Kelsey Scott as Pamela Sawyer
- Hank Rolike as Henry Sawyer
- Wendy Phillips as Ann Sherr
- Prod. code = Production code number
|Series #||Title||Notes||Original air date||Prod. code|
|1||"Pilot"||No synopsis available.||April 5, 1989||B88209|
|2||"Hello Again"||No synopsis available.||April 5, 1989||B88201|
|3||"Together Again"||No synopsis available.||Apr 12, 1989||B88205|
|4||"Drive, He Said"||No synopsis available.||April 19, 1989||B88210|
|5||"Guaranteed Not to Shrink"||No synopsis available.||April 26, 1989||B88209|
|6||"Educating Ann"||No synopsis available.||May 3, 1989||B88212|
|7||"Fast Friends"||No synopsis available.||May 17, 1989||B88203|
|8||"All That Shimmers"||No synopsis available.||June 7, 1989||B88206|
|9||"They're Here"||No synopsis available.||June 14, 1989||B88204|
|10||"You Win Some, You Lose Some"||No synopsis available.||June 21, 1989||B88202|
|11||"First Date"||No synopsis available.||July 5, 1989||B88208|
|12||"The Day After the Night Before"||No synopsis available.||July 12, 1989||B88207|
|13||"A Piece of the Rock"||No synopsis available.||July 19, 1989||B88211|
- Finke, Nikki (April 5, 1989). "It's Not Just Another Sitcom : Robert Guillaume Says New Show's Interracial Romance 'No Big Deal'". Los Angeles Times.
- Guillaume, Robert; Ritz, David (2002). Guillaume: A Life. University of Missouri Press. pp. 181–184. ISBN 0-8262-1426-6.
- Schmader, David (June 18, 2009). "Edutainment". The Stranger.
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|