The Rocking Horse Winner (film)
|The Rocking Horse Winner|
|Directed by||Anthony Pelissier|
|Produced by||John Mills|
|Written by||D. H. Lawrence (story)
John Howard Davies
|Music by||William Alwyn|
|Edited by||John Seabourne|
The Rocking Horse Winner is a 1949 fantasy film about a young boy who can pick winners in horse races with complete accuracy. It is an adaptation of the D. H. Lawrence short story "The Rocking-Horse Winner" and starred Valerie Hobson, John Howard Davies and Ronald Squire. Producer of the film John Mills also acted in the film.
- Valerie Hobson as Hester Grahame
- John Howard Davies as Paul Grahame
- Ronald Squire as Oscar Cresswell
- John Mills as Bassett
- Hugh Sinclair as Richard Grahame
- Charles Goldner as Mr. Tsaldouris
- Susan Richards as the nannie
- Cyril Smith as the bailiff
The film was considered a faithful adaptation of Lawrence's story.
- Variety film review; 21 December 1949, page 8.
- Harrison's Reports film review; 10 June 1950, page 90.
- The Rocking Horse Winner Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Movie The Rocking Horse Winner
|This article about a fantasy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|