The Rocky Road to Poland
|"The Rocky Road to Poland"|
|Single by Damien Dempsey, The Dubliners, Bressie, Danny O'Reilly & Republic of Ireland national football team|
|Released||4 May 2012|
|Label||Emi Music Ireland|
|Songwriter(s)||Today Fm Listeners|
"The Rocky Road to Poland" is a song released in 2012 as the official anthem of the Republic of Ireland national soccer team for the 2012 European Championships, held in Poland and Ukraine. The song was published by EMI Music Ireland. The song was released for download on the 4 May 2012.
"The Rocky Road to Poland" was performed on The Late Late Show on the 11 May 2012, the song was also played on the popular football show Soccer AM. The song also happens to be the last recording of the late Barney McKenna and the last single to be released by The Dubliners.
"The Rocky Road to Poland" debuted at number 1 on the Irish Singles Chart on the 10 May 2012 beating competition like Jedward. All proceeds for the song is going to the John Giles Foundation and the Irish Cancer Society.
|Ireland||May 4, 2012||Digital download||Emi Music Ireland|
- "Official Euro 2012 Song Written by Ray D'Arcy Show Listeners". 23 February 2012. Archived from the original on 15 May 2012.
- "Rocky Road to Poland". 3 May 2012.
- "A cover of "The Rocky Road to Dublin" song". 13 June 2012.
- "Jedward beaten by Euro 2012 single 'The Rocky Road to Poland'". 11 May 2012.
- "Video: Euro 2012 official anthem The Rocky Road to Poland is launched for charity". 27 April 2012.
- "Chart Track: Week 19, 2012". Irish Singles Chart.
- "iTunes - The Rocky Road to Poland - Single - EP by Various Artists". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 4 May 2012.