The Rod of Moses
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Zarb-i-Kalim ضربِ کلیم (or The Rod of Moses) is a philosophical poetry book of Allama Iqbal in Urdu, a poet-philosopher of the Indian subcontinent. It was published in 1936, two years before his death.
This is third collection of Allama Sir Muhammad Iqbal's poetry, which described as his political manifesto. It was published with the subtitle "A Declaration of War Against the Present Times." Muhammad Iqbal who also known as "Poet of the East" argues that modern problems are due to the godlessness, materialism and injustice of modern civilisation, which feeds on the subjugation and exploitation of weak nations, especially the Indian Muslims.
Its first edition published in 1935 i.e. just three years before death of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, after that various editions published from Pakistan and India but most authentic edition is of Iqbal Academy Pakistan which published in 2002 from Lahore.
- "Introduction "Zarb i Kalim"". Iqbal Academy Pakistan. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- Iqbaliat Tafheem o Tajzia. Lahore: Iqbal Academy Pakistan.
- Javid Nama
- Pas Chih Bayad Kard ay Aqwam-i-Sharq
- Read Online at Iqbal Academy site
- Read Online at Iqbal cyber library
- Read English translation by Syed Akbar Ali Shah at Iqbal Academy site
|This article about an Islamic studies book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a collection of written poetry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|