The Rolling Stones 1st American Tour 1964
|Tour by The Rolling Stones|
|Associated album||"The Rolling Stones"|
|Start date||5 June 1964|
|End date||20 June 1964|
|No. of shows||11|
|The Rolling Stones concert chronology|
The Rolling Stones' 1964 1st American Tour was the band's first concert tour of America. The tour commenced on June 5 and concluded on June 20, 1964. On this tour, the band supported their first U.S. album The Rolling Stones. The band played eleven shows in total, including two each on 6 and 7 June, and gave several performances on various television shows during the tour. The band also recorded its next single, It's All Over Now, next British EP, 5 x 5, and much of its next US album, 12 x 5, at Chess Studios on 10 and 11 June.
- Mick Jagger - lead vocals, harmonica, percussion
- Keith Richards - guitar, backing vocals
- Brian Jones - guitar, harmonica, backing vocals
- Bill Wyman - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Charlie Watts - drums
Tour set list
- "Not Fade Away"
- "Talkin' 'Bout You"
- "I Wanna Be Your Man"
- "Hi-Heeled Sneakers"
- "Route 66"
- "Walking The Dog"
- "Tell Me"
- "Beautiful Delilah"
- "Can I Get A Witness"
- "I Just Want To Make Love To You"
- "I'm Alright"
|5 June 1964||San Bernardino||United States||Swing Auditorium|
|6 June 1964
|San Antonio||Joe Freeman Coliseum|
|7 June 1964
|12 June 1964||Excelsior||Excelsior Amusement Park|
|13 June 1964||Omaha||Music Hall Auditorium|
|14 June 1964||Detroit||Olympia Stadium|
|17 June 1964||Pittsburgh||West View Park|
|19 June 1964||Harrisburg||Farm Show Arena|
|20 June 1964
|New York City||Carnegie Hall|
- Carr, Roy. The Rolling Stones: An Illustrated Record. Harmony Books, 1976. ISBN 0-517-52641-7
- Weeks, John. "From Rolling Stones...to Broken Bones". San Bernardino County Sun, 9 March 2006.
- Donna Coffen wife to Robert "Bob" Coffen who booked the Rolling Stones to perform at Teen Fair of Texas at Joe Freeman Coliseum, San Antonio, Texas June 6 & 7, 1964 4 performances